4 cylinder turbo cars

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
May 15, 2012
Ashkum
Im looking into getting back into 4 cylinder turbo cars.

1. Cheap on gas
2. Love the turbo
3. Long trips become sensible

Now with that said im looking for one. I am looking for low mileage one. Reliability is def must. Manual preferred.i have a budget of in and around 8 grand as its just a beater of sort. Modding is a must cause I cant leave shit alone. Also must have a half way descent body not beat to shit

Well help me find one or give me some advice.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
87 daytona 2.2 t2
dodge-daytona-z-03.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

Going to be rode hard, and put away wet for his budget, and probably not an 04+ (LSD and better injectors IIRC).

Are 'Bug Eye' WRX's getting down to that price bracket? Ditto for Legacy GTs?

You could pick up a late 90's, early 00's T5/T5R Volvo for 3-5k in good shape that would be good fun. We have a member on here with one as his pizza delivery car :p.

A couple of older choices would be a Merkur XR4ti, Mazda 323GTX, Shelby Dodges, Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, or an SVO Mustang

Second gen DSM is really the primary choice for that money and criteria, specifically I bet a Galant VR4 would fit the bill nicely.

Some REALLY good choices come to mind if you absolve it being boosted (So good MPG's, 4 cyl, good aftermarket, can be had for under 8k)

SVT Focus
06+ Focus ST
2nd gen Miata
Nissan 240SX (there is a CLEAN one forsale on these boards IIRC?)
Integra GSR (Or the swapped ITR one on these boards that 10sec has?)
Acura RSX
EP Civic (The 03/04 hatchback SI)
Prelude
S2000's (another case of may not be a great example, but first gen cars with under 100K can be found in the $9k range)
Toyota MR-S (Wouldn't really call this an especially good choice, just all I could think of from Toyota that was a sporty 4 banger)
Celica GTS (Ditto as above)
Impreza 22B
First Gen Cooper (Autos are dogs, but the manuals are a solid choice)

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
On the contrary Dasfinc, SRT-4's are going cheap these days. $6k-$8k you can get a pretty decent one. I've been looking at them for possible DD's as they are really sweet to drive. TQ monsters as well.

Definitely stay away from DSMs. Money pits, and you'll never find one that hasn't been hacked together for any kind of reasonable price. Saabs too. Think about all the shit you're going to break, whatever you get has to have decent aftermarket support.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info