Corvette Garage Find: '67 427 coupe with 2,996 miles!

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
Sent to me by a buddy. Hope it isn't a repost. Owned by a Marine vet. who passed away with no family, left everything he had to a couple he was friends with.

1967 CORVETTE –

NO ONE EVER DROVE IT BUT DONNIE MCNAMARA

ONLY THREE PEOPLE HAVE EVER SAT IN THE DRIVERS SEAT OF THE CAR

NO ONE HAS EVER SAT IN THE PASSENGER SEAT

NOT DRIVEN SINCE THE MID-1980’S

SEAT BELTS HAVE NEVER BEEN PULLED OUT OF THEIR RETRACTORS

CAR HAS NEVER, EVER SEEN MOISTURE

CAR WAS NEVER DRIVEN IN THE RAIN OR WASHED WITH A WATER HOSE

ALL PAPERWORK HAS BEEN STORED IN A BANK SAFE DEPOSIT BOX SINCE NEW AND IS AS CRISP AS NEW

PARKED IN THE TOTAL DARKNESS OF THE SAME CLIMATE CONTROLLED ONE CAR GARAGE AND UNDER A CAR COVER, LARGE SHIPPING BLANKET ON TOP OF THAT, AND THEN A LARGE AMERICAN FLAG OVER THE BACK HALF OF THE CAR AND A LARGE MARINE FLAG OVER THE FRONT HALF OF THE CA, THE CAR SAT THAT WAY SINCE NEW FOR 45 YEARS

UNTIL FEBRUARY OF 2012, ONLY EIGHT (8) PEOPLE HAD EVER SEEN THE CAR

ONLY TWELVE (12) PEOPLE HAD EVER SEEN IT UNTIL IT WAS UNVEILED TO THE WORLD AT BLOOMINGTON GOLD 2012

NOT WASHED, CLEANED, SAT IN, OR TOUCHED SINCE FOUND

TIRES STILL HAVE 1967 AIR IN THEM!

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
What a shame. I'm all for keeping historic cars intact, but these were cars that were meant to be driven. With all of the restoration and parts support, you can almost guarantee that a complete frame-off resto is going to exceed specifications and look much better than when it came out of the factory. But hey that's just me, someone is going to pay hundreds of thousands for this car, that isn't as good as a resto.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
What a shame. I'm all for keeping historic cars intact, but these were cars that were meant to be driven. With all of the restoration and parts support, you can almost guarantee that a complete frame-off resto is going to exceed specifications and look much better than when it came out of the factory. But hey that's just me, someone is going to pay hundreds of thousands for this car, that isn't as good as a resto.

:metallicblue::metallicblue::metallicblue:

Red Alert

Addict
Aug 10, 2012
Sucks that the dude never got to enjoy the thing, unless he's into just starring at it... Now some other fucks surely profited from it.

I've never understood why people just let cars sit under covers and not enjoy them. I have only done it with one car and found it to be a total waste... Just use them for what they were intended for, driving. Then replace with something newer and better.

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
Sucks that the dude never got to enjoy the thing, unless he's into just starring at it... Now some other fucks surely profited from it.

I've never understood why people just let cars sit under covers and not enjoy them. I have only done it with one car and found it to be a total waste... Just use them for what they were intended for, driving. Then replace with something newer and better.

Whos knows, the guy could have had another one he daily drove and kept this as a treasure? Buncha fucking haters up in here that prob daily drive a beater and store their "racecar" camaro in the winter anyway. I thinks its awesome.

I see both sides, and it just really ends up as personal preference. I would have preferred to drive it if it were my car. However, if everyone did that then we wouldn't have any museum quality treasures/time capsules like this Vette

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info