Need some help setting up my wideband in HPT

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I installed my AEM uego wideband the other day and am trying to hook it up to my HP tuners basic version. I have the 0-5v signal wire ran to the brown EGR wire. When I go to set up my scan grafts I feel like I am following the tutorials correctly, but I have no reading that comes across on HPT.

when I am configuring the parameters in HPT my function line reads ([PID. 2811]/.588)+10 Can anyone confirm if I have the right PID for the EGR since there are 3 of them listed in HPT? I have also tried the PID.2810 and it did not work. Thanks for the help. I am willing to start all over if someone can walk me through it.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Where do you enter the pid data again? mine is setup the same way- with the same wire- same gauge and it works fine... i can't remember where i entered things...

All you have to do is open up your scanner then open up your table display and right click on the table then click on insert. When you get here look at the user defined list and double click on "configure user defined". This will open up the table that says configure user defined parameters. Your custom wideband set-up should be listed on the left. When you single click on the wideband the PID should be at the bottom under function. Really if you could let me know how yours is set up all together in that table that would be awesome!

EIO Input > (right click) Insert Input > Wide Band O2 > AEM

I think you are talking about the Pro version with this, I just have the standard HPT.

Thanks for the help on this guys. I am kinda starting to think that my EGR isn't even hooked up through the pcm since the harness is a swap harness and I never had my EGR hooked up. I am scanning the voltage that the EGR position puts out to the PCM and it is staying at 0. Might have to try the A/C route. Either way KJ, if you could shoot me how your configure table reads that would at least tell me if my equation is messed up or not and be a huge help. If all else I will just have to drop the money and upgrade to the pro version to get my wideband to read right. I am tuning the car in open loop, so I have to have my wideband hooked up if I want to have a chance at tuning this right. I have 4 days off work here, so I will be playing with this non stop until I can get it to work.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Now that I think about this, it makes sense. The function formula you gave me KJ is the correct one and it reads on hpt at least it shows a number finally on mine. If it works on your software, it should work on mine. My EGR position voltage should vary between 0-5v, but it stays at 0. So if you use the equation ([PID.2811]/0.53)+9.8 and the PID.2811 is the EGR position voltage signal, which is 0...the answer would be 9.8.

I think my problem is that I am tuning my car in open loop, and I read somewhere that EGR gets disabled in open loop...might completely prevent me from getting this to work without upgrading to pro, if I want to continue to tune the car in open loop that is. My car idles soo much better now that my car is in open loop though

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
hmmmm, that is odd as the car still goes into open loop on its own. I will try to tap right into the pcm and if that doesn't work I will be forced to upgrade to pro. Right now it is on 5psi and at a safe 11.7ish at wot. I would like to turn the boost up, but there is no way I can do that. On 5 psi my maf is reading in the 11400 range. Any more boost and I will need to use my fixed AFC. I would like to have a accurate way of tuning before I make that step though. Dropping 300 more bucks just sounds soo shitty right now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info