Winter blues... who haz had?

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I'll be honest, I only had to stop riding for for 2 weeks this year lol.

Just rode around today, but unlike you guys I actually have to stop riding sometimes in late July and August because it's just too damn hot with gear. 110 against the pavement that's probably cooking at like 140+ = no way. Right now is like the best time of the year down here. 70's and no humidity.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I used to hate the three months (four months/five months) of no sunny days, the salt, the dirty snow, the cold weather. That's one reason I moved down South. If you're seriously tired of Illinois winters... Move.

Just walked outside to a another sunny day. It's supposed to be in the 70s again today.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I rode a couple weeks ago. Bike puked coolant in the Walgreens parking lot. Took it to the shop, cooling fan had gravel in it so fan wouldn't spin. He cleaned it out, had new rubber mounted front and rear, and a new battery. I'm ready for the season.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
that really warm sunday the first week of december.

Nice. This got me a bit excited.

Tom Skilling
Happy Thursday all! It's the final day of February and the last day of meteorological winter! How about that? March--Chicago's fastest warming month--begins tomorrow. 83% of Marches have produced 60s; 53% have hosted 70s and 7% have logged 80s. It's a month of meteorological volatility with a 100-deg spread between the highest (88-deg) and lowest (-12-deg) temps its produced over the city's 142 year observational record. The average first date of a 70-deg temp occurs in March--historically within several days of the 28th! So, while a third day of snowfall--albeit light and occasional--occurs today (Thursday), there are hopeful signs for those awaiting the warmer weather of spring and summer. More on this and a look at the expansive field of northerly winds which covers virtually all of eastern North America. As temps cool in coming days, this full fetch northerly winds are to bring an increased chance of some lake-effect flurries and snow showers to lakeside counties even as the backwash snows lingering behind Tuesday's snowstorm begin to ebb in inland locations through Saturday.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info