The McLaren P1 Has 903 Horsepower

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This is the McLaren F1's successor. The McLaren P1 Has 903 Horsepower And Can Destroy Worlds

k-bigpic.jpg

McLaren's slow strip tease of the P1 supercar is coming close to an end. We've seen the exterior. We've seen the interior. And now we know just how many throbbing horsepowers will be hitting the road

The P1 uses a variant of the 12C's 3.8 liter turbocharged V8, except this time it's tuned to 727 horsepower and 531 pound feet of torque. The engine is mated to a kinetic energy recovery system, KERS, to the layperson, that adds a boost of 176 horsepower and 192 pound feet of torque.

It also has something called "instant power assist system." If I had to guess, I'd say that means it has the ability to assist with power during acceleration.... instantly.

So now we know pretty much everything about the P1. I guess we'll find out the fuel economy numbers and other mundane info at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
This reminds me of how the older generations always say the high hp, muscle car days are dead...meanwhile stock V6 mustangs are putting out more power than their "muscle" cars and real sports cars are make 700-900hp stock. My kids first car is going to be a fucking missle.

funny how far along technology has come..

215hp 5.0 mustang... now a 2012 v6 has 330hp :ford:

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
This reminds me of how the older generations always say the high hp, muscle car days are dead...meanwhile stock V6 mustangs are putting out more power than their "muscle" cars and real sports cars are make 700-900hp stock. My kids first car is going to be a fucking missle.

funny how far along technology has come..

215hp 5.0 mustang... now a 2012 v6 has 330hp :ford:

seriously... our kids will be rocking 500whp econo boxes - shits getting crazy!

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
So is this the same KERS system used with F1 cars?? Cause that would be fucking awesome

Same idea and general function, but I'm 99.9% sure it will not use the identical parts as there is more room for a battery and a heavier/more-powerful/larger electric assist motor in this car than an F1 monocque.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info