Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
In an attempt to keep the main thread clean, and to get any questions answered in a timely fashion, this thread has been created. The purpose of this thread is SOLELY as a faq. If you have a question, it will get answered by either Blake, myself or folks close to the event (Brian, Eagle, etc etc).

I will use this first post to repost the questions along w/ the answers as they get taken care of, that way folks dont have to read through the thread to find something they're looking for.

Keep this thread ON TOPIC. Anything not a question will be deleted.

Thanks!

Question:
Camper trailers allowed on site for spectators?nnGrilling? and or outside food?

Answer:
No camper trailers for spectators. We will have food vendors on site, no individual grills are allowed. You can bring snacks, etc., in a cooler if you would like.....also NO ALCOHOL. Our insurance does not allow for it.

Question:
Pop up tents okay?

Answer:
Yes, Pop-Up Tents are fine and recommended!

wannaGOFAST

Regular
Oct 29, 2012
I saw something mentioning pit crew but did not see any details. I am not racing but will be trailering/towing 2 of the shockerracing.com cars and will have all the gear/parts for the 7 SR cars racing.

Trailers are allowed for pit crew purposes. We will have designated spots for them.

what's on the menu for the racers lunch? (i know it doesn't seem like an important question, but im fat!)

Not sure yet! Aligning with food vendors as we speak.

I'm aware of the spectater fee, however will there be a parking fee and where will parking be? If parking is not on site will we have access for our vehicles and still re enter the event?

No parking fee's. Spectators will park in a big field on the north side of the runway.

I have seen some videos, and can hear a PA system announcing speeds. Question is, do you broadcast FM or AM signal as well? And, do you provide a small book with the participants and their vehicles/info/picutres for the spectators to follow along and stay involved?

We do not provide pamphlets but we do announce speeds over a pa system. As of yet we have not broadcast through AM or FM.

Alcohol if you are spectating?

No Alcohol. Insurance says no.

Overnight camping allowed on site?

Overnight camping is not allowed as this airport is still active and will reopen at 7pm Sat night until 6am Sunday morning.

wannaGOFAST

Regular
Oct 29, 2012
Parking is on a grass field? Better pray for some dry weather that week!

Being that this is a private airport. There isn't much pavement room left after we fill it up with 150 cars, participant trailers, and sponsor trailers.

We did parking in the grass for our Georgia event and it was fine. It's the only option for this airport and most others we do.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
We don't pair by groups, we let the participants do that on their own. Works best that way!

So you'll want to figure out who you want to run against before hand so you go into the, what I assume is a line, to race? Just going by the videos of the other event videos with all the cars lined up... Can't wait for someone behind you once you are in line or go ahead of other cars just because you want to race a certain person?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info