Why would a car be towed for "Insurance" reasons?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Amy and I are looking at an '08 Jeep Patriot with 79,000 miles on craigslist. It's owned by a towing company who originally towed the car for "Insurance" reasons, supposedly have a clean title and are selling the car at wholesale prices.

We asked them to send us the VIN.

Anyone know what type of Insurance reasons would cause a car to be towed? The sellers say the car was NOT in an accident and is mechanically good. The lady did not want to say what the Insurance reasons are which is a red flag. Because of the circumstances and their price, I don't believe them but I'm trying to figure out the con. Maybe one of you guys can explain it and save me from wasting a CarFax?

3E23Lb3M65L15N65Had23598990f70fb5181f.jpg

3G83J93N45L65F25J7d23d9a0fdb647f717de.jpg

Shells_04

TCG Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Elgin, Il
terrible underpowered/noisey drivetrain, cheap rattlebox interior, suspension that falls apart at a very low mileage, brakes that are too small for the application so they tend to eat themselves....basically its an overweight sebring shaped like a fridge :puke:

What this guy said^
I've got a 07 compass for a daily which is horrible. It's got room and sits high enough up for my wife so she enjoys it. But id never buy another or recommend someone to buy one. The compass is basically the same as the patriot. Even the interior pic you posted is identical to my cars. Not worth the money man

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm going to find a good used car for $7K or less. You guys are giving me a good education into models I'm not familiar with. I'd rather find a Caddy DTS or CTS, Lincoln, Ford Fusion or Five Hundred or several other models than this jeep but I'm looking at everything.

So far, no text with VIN number so there may be a problem the seller doesn't want us to see.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I'm going to find a good used car for $7K or less. You guys are giving me a good education into models I'm not familiar with. I'd rather find a Caddy DTS or CTS, Lincoln, Ford Fusion or Five Hundred or several other models than this jeep but I'm looking at everything.

So far, no text with VIN number so there may be a problem the seller doesn't want us to see.

i would be all about a DTS they are hard to find with out some gay rims on them around here tho, how long do you plan to keep this car your looking for milage wise

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
dude 140k is the new 70k.

any 2000's + car with less than 70k miles on it currently id be more concerned if it was maintained properly since it was sitting so much. i can't think of any situation really for any of my vehicles that would turn me to sell them for scrap... an engine goes out in the pricks and no fucks given... buying another junkyard motor for 5 hunna bucks and nailin it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info