Public Auction Locations?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Anyone have a link or list for public auto auction sites? They aren't the easiest thing to find on the web. Lots of ads, not much info. I'm looking for Gulf Coast in Florida if possible, between Fort Meyers and Tampa Bay.

Good points/bad points about attending public auctions?

Someone educate me, please, on where, why or why not.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Thanks but they're not in Florida.

Researching these auctions, there's a huge amount of crap to wade through before I even start looking for hidden gems.

Dealers/governments/auction houses make it difficult for individuals to attend most auctions. You either have to know someone connected to a dealership or become a dealer yourself.

Public auctions are few and far between in comparison. I assume it gets easier to find them and decipher the procedures once you get used to them but, for newbies, it's like reading a foreign language to surf their sites. the websites generally are lacking polish and they don't explain things very well.

I'd like to find a bank/repo auction somewhere not too far from me and get some kind of idea how it works. I understand you go and look at cars during a preview day and then bid on any you like during the auction. Methods of checking vehicles out aren't as clear.

I can check the VIN numbers and read the ratings of the cars online but it appears each location has different rules regarding fees, inspections, rules, etc.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Forget the auction. Find your closest repo guy and befriend him. They get way better deals thru the banks then the dealers/wholesalers/auctions ever do.

:ugh:

I used to repo cars. We inventoried them and they were brought straight to the auction if the owner didn't pay up and get the car back... Never heard of any repo companies getting deals on cars.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Public Auctions suck! I would defiantly stay away from them...

I am a dealer and here is what I do at public auctions...I buy cars on craigslist and sell them for HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS more at public auctions...

This is my tip for the year, enjoy :)

This is even possible at dealer auctions as long as you're not running n*gger numbers :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info