Winter problems with the Chrysler!

JayWild

WildChevy
Aug 14, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Real Name
Jeremy M.
Okay, a few days ago, I had to replace my serpentine belt and get a belt with no a/c to bypass the a/c pulley because it became frozen and jammed.

So, now for two days it was fine, then suddenly, yesturday, the same noise is coming from the hood in the same location, but not as loud...still threatening, but not "as bad".

So, we look at it and it seems that its the power steering. But everything is moving :dunno:.

Apparently, I was told that the PS fluid is freezing up and needs to be replaced with new fluid (mind u, just replaced it not to long ago during an oil change).

So, I was told, to turn the car on, move the steering wheel left-right, and take out the gunk in the power steering container, and put new stuff in, let it warm up.

So, I tried that today, not much luck. Really I didn't want to risk it, so I didn't leave the car on for long.

What's the diagnosis doc? :noes:

Edit: 95 Chrysler LXI 2.5 V6 btw

Last edited:

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
take some type of spray and spray various pulleys. When the noise goes away you know the source of your problem. Power steering pumps don't usually make squeaking noises because of the fluid, they grind. If its squeaking you need a pump. Don't use a flammable spray.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• JayWild
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list