Pagani Huayra

brandoLSX

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time"
Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO
I am in school for Computer & Electrical engineering and whenever I see a car that pushed the engineering extreme's I get a little excited. Saw this car on the new episode of Top Gear UK today. Beat the fasted lap on the Top Gear track and they said the wheels take 5 days to make one wheel. The body is also made out of a combination of carbon fiber and Titanium to have a total weight of 2,976 LBS.

Here are the specs:
Base price $1.2 million (est)
Vehicle layout Mid-engine, RWD, 2-pass, 2-door coupe
Engine 6.0L/720-hp/737-lb-ft twin-turbo DOHC 48 valve V-12
Transmission 7-speed automated manual
Curb weight 2976 lb (mfr)
Wheelbase 110.2 in
Length x Weight x Height 181.2 x 80.2 x 46.0 in
0-60mph 3.4 sec (est)

pagani-Huayra-frontal28991-3_zps38933932.jpg

Pagani-Huayra_mp151_pic_77978_zpsc59d7301.jpg

pagani_huayra_zps7f1e1d9e.jpg

Pagani_Huayra_07_zps78de5b80.jpg

Pagani huayra Supercars HD - YouTube

New Pagani Huayra driven; 720bhp, 230mph - Autocar - YouTube

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
It is literally built piece by piece. I think the craftsmanship on this car is just fucking crazy. Every knob milled from a block of aluminum. It cost 1 mil because there is no other car like this out there even down to the last bolt. Everything on this car was purpose made for this car (yes even the bolts were specificallly made)....shit is sick and the detail is insane.

brandoLSX

Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO
It is literally built piece by piece. I think the craftsmanship on this car is just fucking crazy. Every knob milled from a block of aluminum. It cost 1 mil because there is no other car like this out there even down to the last bolt. Everything on this car was purpose made for this car (yes even the bolts were specificallly made)....shit is sick and the detail is insane.

That's exactly what I like about it and why everything is justified. You can't get another car like it.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
I can appreciate the engineering, but they need to refine their design. From the side it looks a bit like the McLaren F1, but other than that it doesn't look like an Italian supercar.
WTF does that matter?!? Clearly the car is built with 100% function in mind, so why would what it does or doesn't look like matter? Pagani has a distinct look all their own anyways.

This car is just amazing. I didn't notice the front active spoilers until last night. The dynamic aero control of that car alone is just beyond spectacular. Pagani really raised the bar with this one.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
WTF does that matter?!? Clearly the car is built with 100% function in mind, so why would what it does or doesn't look like matter? Pagani has a distinct look all their own anyways.

This car is just amazing. I didn't notice the front active spoilers until last night. The dynamic aero control of that car alone is just beyond spectacular. Pagani really raised the bar with this one.

Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, and Porsched all have better looking flagships. All are built with performance in mind. Pagani's design isn't as well put together in my opinion.

FYI...The 458 has active aero too.

brandoLSX

Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO
Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, and Porsched all have better looking flagships. All are built with performance in mind. Pagani's design isn't as well put together in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't stand anywhere near the same category as Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, or Porsche's. Those are all for the most part "mass" produced cars. The care that goes into each Pagani is unprecedented besides Koenigsegg. These cars are made to order.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G

It's a car that outperforms what Ferrari and Lamborghini can produce, yet you have the audacity to say it needs to look more like them?

FYI, my car has active aero too. The Huayra active aero is out of this world. The only thing that even comes close to what this car has is the multiple static settings of the wing on the Veyron which (as far as I know) are only selected based on speed and brake application. The Huayra has at least 4 different spoilers acting independently of each other based on speed, braking, lateral Gs and who knows what else. Nothing I know of is even in the same league.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Pagani Huayra > All Supercars.

This car is not only fast, and handles well. Its also a very special place to be.

Never though I'd say a Ferrari or a Lamborghini is a "common" car, but comparatively the Huarya is an entirely different level.

As far as it looks? I love it, it looks like nothing else on the road.

EDIT: I think the Veyron is also on the same level, though I'd rather have the Huarya.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info