Ford guys chime in please

RenoReno2

Regular
Nov 24, 2011
Looking to possably pick up a Lincoln LS and give my jeep to the wife as she will predominately be driving with our 3 month old. Don't really know much about these motors/cars and I'm curious if there is any known issues with them and the 3.9 liter v8s. Maintenance oil consumption real mpg not what's advertised. I've pretty much driven gm's my whole life but fan of all cars. After owning this jeep I can say I'd prolly never buy another Chrysler lol. Stupid little stuff needing to be fixed and control arm bushings needing to be replaced at 60k mikes have pissed me off

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
First gen ones are known for having gremlins, a crappy trans (4 speed), and I believe cam follower/tensoner issues. (Same issue found on early 00 Jags)

Second gen ones (2003+) are known for being fairly good cars all around for the value (don't recall if the cam follower issue ever got fixed). 5 speed trans was a vast improvement, as were a number of other small changes (including both engines having more power).

Unless you find a real screaming deal though, there are better used cars out there for the same/similar money. 1.8/2.0T Audi A4's, any E46 BMW (99-08? 3 series). First gen fusions are also in that general price point, as are 7th gen accords.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
LOL! Check out my thread on buying a used car for under $7K. Sounds like you're in the same boat I am.

Experts don't like the LS. Better choices are the Fusion, Five Hundred, Buicks and maybe Cadillacs. As you will see from my thread, I have documented my buying process so far so you guys could see what I have experienced.

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/car-discussion/127798-best-used-car-under-$7k.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info