Bought a new winter/tow rig

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
I have a 97 in that same color as well. That is a good price for that mileage during winter. But with the lack of snow I bet 4wds aren't going for what they used to. I had a 99 K1500 before that was optioned just like yours but it was tan.

Thats awesome. What kind of gas mileage did you get with yours?

Very nice, but I cant stand barn doors. :bigthumb: though.

Thanks! Really? I love the barn doors. lol

Good choice nick. I've got a set of blocks for the rear of that thing if you want em'. Crank torsion bars and throw some 31's on.

Thanks man. I could stand that the f 150 couldnt get out of its own way, it was so under powered and sucked ass at towing.

Lets do it! I wouldnt mind a little lift.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I have a 3/4 ton 454 now so it is 9mpg down hill. My old 99, like yours, was 12ish, maybe 13. I only put on 1500 miles a year so it doesn't get much use and almost always short trips which is terrible for fuel economy. The truck will occasionally sit for 3 weeks without getting used.

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011
I have a 3/4 ton 454 now so it is 9mpg down hill. My old 99, like yours, was 12ish, maybe 13. I only put on 1500 miles a year so it doesn't get much use and almost always short trips which is terrible for fuel economy. The truck will occasionally sit for 3 weeks without getting used.

I gotcha. I'm hoping to get 13-14.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
You probably will after a tune up. My commute to work is 4 miles and 9 stop lights. Truck barely warms up and it is terrible for mpgs no matter what you drive.

Getting 14.5 on my LS1 M6 GTO and that is with some longer trips mixed in. The EPA needs to use my commute as part of their testing.

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011
You probably will after a tune up. My commute to work is 4 miles and 9 stop lights. Truck barely warms up and it is terrible for mpgs no matter what you drive.

Getting 14.5 on my LS1 M6 GTO and that is with some longer trips mixed in. The EPA needs to use my commute as part of their testing.

Haha. My commute is about 13 miles and its probably 2/3 highway. I think it needs plugs because it has a slight shake a idle.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
you prob need a new dizzy

the hall effect magnet tends to crack and creates false trigger points

pull the cap and rotor and look at the magnet attached to the dizzy shaft. youll find cracks usually at the rivets at the least

if you put the hall effect signal to a DSO you can usually see the uneven time divisions at the signal trigger points

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info