Looking for a nice daily around 14k

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Jeep is played out and since we dont get winter here anymore in Chicago, I am going back to a car.

I have narrowed my choices down to two pretty solid cars:

2003-2005 G35 Coupe

04-07 Acura TL

I want to cap my spending to around 14k because as much as I want to blow my load and get another cobra,bimmer, insert ballin sports car here, I want to get out of the house I went in on with a friend and go 100% solo in a house.

The aforementioned cars will prolly have some miles on them 60-90k, but looking for imput on any of you who have owned either car or am totally open for suggestions on a solid car with some style and pep.

appreciate it guys

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
After owning a 350, I love the VQ but as a DD, I dunno. I used to love the G until I sat in one and hated the interior. For a pure daily, I would go w/ the TL.

I couldnt agree more... the interior of the G is what gets to me. I like the drivetrain and rwd for added an added sport feel, but the TL has a much more classy interior. If a type S could be had without 120k+ miles it would be in the garage right now.

The only other slight back running contender was a 2008-era altima SE-R.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I love my G35. I have the RWD 4 door, but its the same powertrain as the coupe and 100lbs lighter. I've owned it 5 years and its been rock solid reliable. I bought it with 19K and have about 97K miles now. The VQ35 is an outstanding engine. Plenty of torque and great tone at WOT.

The 05+ has the updated interior, imo is much better than the 03-04 models. The TL is a direct competitor to my car, and if it wasnt FWD I probably would have looked at it. They do have a nicer interior, but I hate FWD.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I would prefer a 6 speed but would take an auto pending the car was real clean / black interior. Infiniti has a lot of creme and odd contrasting colors interior wise I have seen.

:rofl: yup. IIRC, they only offered the charcoal interior for black, silver and red colors. Black on black is FTW. Just be cautious with 05-07 6MT coupes, they can develop a nasty oil consumption issue. They have the VQ35 "rev-up" engine which is only found in the manual 05-07 models. You can read all about it in g35driver or the 350Z forums, its no fun. Main reason why I didnt get a 6MT.. The auto 5 speed is actually not bad, its geared well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info