Clutch Install.

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
okay well my car took a shit on me....20k miles....2006...clutch is allmost completely burned out today..(like it just took a big shit on me on my way home from work)...im not sure if honda will fix it...ive heard about alot of people getting it fixed some how, so i figured hey...if they dont fix it...i wonder if anyone might be able to help

just throwing this out there...but does anyone have good expirence with installing a clutch on a FWD car?

Go ahead...bitch at me...but i honestly do not get how i completely burned it in about 10 mins.

Last edited:

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
I take it you ride the clutch alot? ride the clutch out alot at starts.... burnouts? etc????

Either way, have a shop do it, did one with a buddy on a jetta (i know its german, but its fwd), absolutely sucked.

No I stopped doing burn outs a while ago bcause I ge alot of wheel hop, as for starting out, I don't think I ride it because when I shift the cars still a lil jerky.
Thanks for the advice about putting it In the shop.... I was also told to double check the trans fluid. Maybe it leaked somehow?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
what the hell would the trans fluid level have to do with the clutch? please explain that to me

why dont you check the clutch fluid reservoir instead? pic included cuz you may have trouble finding it

duh.jpg

and that is located on the extreme drivers side of the engine compartment, as seen in this photo
IMG_1905.jpg

Last edited:

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
what the hell would the trans fluid level have to do with the clutch? please explain that to me

why dont you check the clutch fluid reservoir instead? pic included cuz you may have trouble finding it

duh.jpg

and that is located on the extreme drivers side of the engine compartment, as seen in this photo
IMG_1905.jpg

i was thinking that maybe if the trans fluid leaked out it would cause the clutch to burn out because of there being no lubricant....i told you..i dont have any clue thats why i am asking

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I think the driver mod has finally caught up with your clutch. The dealer will most likely LOL at you for asking them to fix a clutch under warranty. I think the only way they would replace it is if they just installed a new one and it broke on the way home. But who knows, times are tough and im sure dealers are looking for work.

Reminds me when Chad said clutches and brakes are covered under warranty.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
that type of thing, clutch and brakes, are under an extremely limited warranty and on a case-by-case basis. i know GM usually only warranty's a clutch for about 10k miles and thats if there are no signs of abuse and absolutely no modifications to the vehicle. if you tow your car car to the dealership they WILL NOT warranty it and they know you will prettymuch have to pay them to fix it cause what else are you going to do? drive it somewhere else? that being said, i would talk to the shop service manager and try to make some kind of deal like "this part shouldnt fail this early, if ou arent going to warranty it, can you at least give me a deal on the install because we both know it shouldnt fail this fast,regardless of driving style" Honesty will get you a long way... i had a problem with my navi unit in my civic (kept scratching DVD's) and i straight up told them that when i get on the car real hard, the axle tramp during wheelspin shakes the dash violently and i think that was making the disk flex enough to contact the internal parts of the reader.... the guy thanked me for the good information and said that i should be able to drive my car as i please... its an SI... i obviously should be able to floor it without worrying about my navi unit going out... meanwhile 3 units later, Honda finally came out with a new unit with some sort of suspension inside that solved the issue, and i never paid a dime. so instead of lying and maybe getting shafted i got great service.

the other thing you may want to ask is if you could buy your own clutch and have them install it... you obviously are rough on the clutch for it to go out so quickly so a factory unit may not be adequate for you. look into an aftermarket clutch kit, but always use a genuine Honda throwout bearing!!!!!

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
i was thinking that maybe if the trans fluid leaked out it would cause the clutch to burn out because of there being no lubricant....i told you..i dont have any clue thats why i am asking

the trans fluid only lubricates the internals of the trans.. the clutch is actually outside of the transmission between it and the motor. it has its own separate hydraulic actuation. i cant believe anybody that can drive a stick and is on an automotive enthusiast website doesnt know the extreme basics of how a clutch works

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
the trans fluid only lubricates the internals of the trans.. the clutch is actually outside of the transmission between it and the motor. it has its own separate hydraulic actuation. i cant believe anybody that can drive a stick and is on an automotive enthusiast website doesnt know the extreme basics of how a clutch works

:tmyk:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The slave cylinder went out on my focus at 14k and ford replaced that and the clutch since it got fluid all over it. Felt like there was no clutch anymore and it was leaking like a bitch. Guess what their awesome clutch warranty was... 1,000 miles or 3 months :rofl: fuckers.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
20k miles out of a clutch? You're almost as bad as one of the ladies in the sales department at Valley who destroyed a clutch in 4k miles. It looked like a gray cat had gotten into the bell housing and committed suicide.

I've removed a trans from a new Si and its not too bad but I also used to work for Honda and had access to a lift.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info