detailers step in

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
I have been getting hit hard with some bad weather, and haven't been working much due to personal reasons. Which means i haven't been out in the garage and the garage heater hasn't been on in a few weeks. I went out to my garage today and all of my supplies are frozen... Compound, polish, paint sealant, wax, all purpose cleaner, shiner, Window cleaner.... If the stuff thaws out, will it be good to use, or is it all junk now? i know the shiners, and APC will be good since it is a concentrate and i dilute it, but what about everything else?

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Yes it will all be fine. I used to detail for a mobile service. We kept our equipment in non heated garage and when we got off we wouldn't leave the heat on in the vans. Details mobile service was the company. Did everything from bottom painting boats to winterizing them to detailing n washing n buffing washing everything. Acid cleaning even. Melted pair of my pants once.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
Shouldnt have a real big impact on them. The wax might be prone to seperating a little more. Just shake things up.

I always bring my stuff inside, but it isnt necessary. The detail shop I worked had the cheapest owner ever and he never turned on the heat. Everyday in the winter I would come in to a frozen spicket for the hose and frozen wax. Took about an hour with the torpedo heater to get it to 50 degrees.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
It wont ruin it, but it will shorten its shelf life and may decrease its effectiveness. It really depends on each individual products composition. I have had some waxes, sealants, and polishes freeze and seem to work the same, other go to shit quick. Not sure what makes the difference though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info