TBSS Info

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Jul 8, 2007
Naperville, IL
whats years are what models?

which years are 2wd and what years are 4wd?

im lookin online and finding some nice 2006s that say they are 4wd for around 16k but i thought 2006s where rwd only...?

sadly to say its the only chevy i like right now, and im dead sick of my car. its fucked up again, im fixing it and comes the end of this snow im getting rid of it. and ill get a loan to pay for the rest of a new car and im really like this. and kinda prefer to have an suv. not looking to race it crazy or anything just something nice. everything i mod seems to just fuck up.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
You can get RWD or AWD any year. Most of them around here are AWD. They are all pretty decked out with options to start with, so its not a big deal if you dont get one that is completely loaded. The absolute cheapest models have cloth seats, but Ive yet to even see one. Other than that the options are pretty much the same except some will have navigation versus just the standard bose system and or a rear dvd screen.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
And when you buy one have $3,000 in the bank to buy a trans when your stock one goes out. =) Other wise these things are awesome. Like every one else said 06-09 You can get 2WD or AWD. There are some cloth seat ones floating around on cars.com and autotrader or you can check out tbssowners.com to see whats going on there. Make sure you get a white one because I know of atleast 7 white ones in the chicago area already.

Jared - I see your location is Woodridge do you have a wife or girlfriend that drives your TBSS around I see another white one with a girl always driving around 63rd and I-355 area, espcially where that pool used to be on Woodridge Dr. ??

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
And when you buy one have $3,000 in the bank to buy a trans when your stock one goes out. =) Other wise these things are awesome. Like every one else said 06-09 You can get 2WD or AWD. There are some cloth seat ones floating around on cars.com and autotrader or you can check out tbssowners.com to see whats going on there. Make sure you get a white one because I know of atleast 7 white ones in the chicago area already.

Jared - I see your location is Woodridge do you have a wife or girlfriend that drives your TBSS around I see another white one with a girl always driving around 63rd and I-355 area, espcially where that pool used to be on Woodridge Dr. ??

Nope, not my truck. Im single and live at home with my parents still. It sits in the driveway for 5 days out of the week usually:dunno: I have seen another white one around here a few times with a chick driving though.

If you are going to keep the truck stock, get a certified used GM. Transmission is a huge problem and is essentially a ticking time bomb, even stock. Depending on what mods you have done, they may be cool about replacing it under warranty. Otherwise be ready to shell out $4k once everything is said and done to throw in a built one and a stall.

I would go check out tbssowners.com though if you would like some more info.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
sometimes i wish i would have picked up one of these instead... nice trucks

If you can handle the cost of gas they are awesome. For my last tank of gas, rather than just going by the DIC, I actually calculated my mileage. DIC says 12.0, actual.......8.5mpg on premium. Ouch! It should be better than that, but warming the truck up for 20 minutes kills it some too. I pretty much only drive some pretty short trips, usually under 5 miles of distance.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
whats years are what models?

which years are 2wd and what years are 4wd?

im lookin online and finding some nice 2006s that say they are 4wd for around 16k but i thought 2006s where rwd only...?

sadly to say its the only chevy i like right now, and im dead sick of my car. its fucked up again, im fixing it and comes the end of this snow im getting rid of it. and ill get a loan to pay for the rest of a new car and im really like this. and kinda prefer to have an suv. not looking to race it crazy or anything just something nice. everything i mod seems to just fuck up.

Hey man, check out a 2008+ Malibu Ltz...with just a custom tune they can run mid 14's...and they are incredibly quiet inside. It's my next ride when I get a job. My plan is to get one, and get aquanted with it the first year then turbo it. Right now it's MY favorite Chevy. You can pick-up a 2008+ LTZ for about 17-19 used, and they were almost 30 new.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
turbo.... maaallliibu....? wwwhhhhaat.

iii liiike.

I want a quiet car, that has a smooth ride. Seriously, go to a dealership and check one out...they are pretty pimp inside. The outer shell is isolated from the inside shell, suspended with liquid sealer. Even the side glass is 2 layers sandwiched around noise reducing plastic. The side glass is almost 1/2" thick!

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Im sure that coming from the mustang, it has everything that did plus some more. Its not like we all drive around in a benz here and have to have massaging seats and bullshit like that. Most are pretty content with a tupperware interior and cd player.

you should re-pfrase that to not all of us drive a benz with a 100-shot of nitrous and DR's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info