Another one bites the dust

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Driving home tonight, I was sitting at a light, it turned green and I turned left and was hit passenger side by a minivan. Car took it like a champ, but the left front is fffed. Pretty pissed, especially since I just painted the rims and redid the brembos on it about a month or two ago and it was just a couple months from being paid off. Was determined not at fault, so that's good, but I'm out a car now..

At least I walked away, albeit a little sore.

photo3_zpsf8539e7a.jpg

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
That sucks! So you think the car is totalled? Like everyone else said, at least you are walking away ok.

Yeah, the rim and everything around it was bent including the axle. And if it wasn't messed up enough, dragging it from the grass off the curb onto the tow truck definitely finished the job. Then there's still the door and the front fender. She was going about 40mph, I would guess.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Damn dude. That is a huge bummer. X2 about contacting their insurance about a rental. They should take care of you no problem.

Mine didn't. I thought I had "rental coverage" on my policy, but it mysteriously dropped at the last renewel and I never noticed. My car was vandalized and had to be completely repainted due to damage on every panel, the front windshield replaced...etc. Lots of damage.

Did I get a rental car? No, I either had to pay out of pocket for a rental car, or sit at home for the 2 weeks it was going to take to fix it.

That sucks about the car. I like Cobalt SSs. Specially the TC/SS models. Since GM no longer even makes that car that should be good for you if they total it out. Higher payout.

My daily's value is way up because the car is no longer produced, and very difficult to find a matching car used. So they would have had to pay-out quite a bit more over the average model/year if they wanted to total it.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Man that sucks, but glad your ok.

It has to be 9 model years or older to buy back a car in Illinois. Learn your facts.

What?! That's bs, unless they changed the rules. Back in '04 my '94 Sierra got totaled, which was 3 models behind, and i bought it back. :dunno: as goes for my '92 Silverado in '06

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info