Definition of a Street Car

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
How about opinions on what the definition of a street car is. In my opinion it’s a car that completely runs and functions as it did before any mods although faster. An example: Has A/C, Passes emissions if year needed, runs on pump gas, Drives and handles same, no serious drag suspension, no cage or wt. reductions and can be driven long distances without issue. Blowers, Nos, turbos are ok as long as the car runs daily driving the same as before.

A car that can be licensed but does not follow the example above to me is a streetable strip car.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
If the hottest piece of ass you have ever seen accepts a date with you. Are you are worried she might not enjoy herself because you ask these questions and the answer might be no.

1. Is there a chance she might not like the ride quality of comfort of the interior?
2. Is there a chance she might sweat her make up off on the way to dinner on a hot night? Because you have no a/c?
3. Will she hear you talking sweet nothings to her because of the rattles, squeaks and exhaust?
4. Might she pass out due to the fumes coming into the car at a stop light?
5. will the vibrations at the stop light rattle her head till she has a headache?

'Cause if you can't take a sweat piece of ass anywhere or anytime you do not have a street car.

:rofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
anything that can do something like the pump gas drags/drag week/real street drags that hot rod magazine does.

just cuz it can legally be driven on the street doesnt necessarily make it a "street car" imo.

haha Ya, because you watch the video where those guys are soaked head to toe after their cruise.

Don't get me wrong, I love drag week and those types of events. But a streetable car is a long way from a "street car".

boogeyman

T-BURD
Sep 25, 2012
demotte in
i have a true street car drives like a kitten is semi loud but can hold a conversation in it has a back seat that my kids ride in my wife drives it everyday i can do 95 on the highway and only turn 2500 rpm and get good milage and run 12`s on a all season tire, given i could go faster on a drag radial.
ive owned race cars that could be driven on the street worrying about cops, rain, goin too fast on and offramp just dont make sense to me anymore

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I can make any car street legal, I just don't think I can make it street ethical at the same time. Mine is considered not street legal because of lack of cats and no horn. I could hook up the horn at any time and weld cats in post cutout and be sorta considered 'street legal'. Even without that I'd still think my car is a street car because it sees street driving duty 99% of the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info