08 and up no cage needed until you go 9.99

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This is great considering there are bone stock cars that couldn't run an NHRA track without being booted. Should be good for those tracks if they then get their head out of their asses and run more test and tunes without catering to series racers (RT 66 :squint:)

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Does this mean modded cars or just stock ones?? Also fuck NHRA, I have an 07.

So far the tech inspectors people have asked said the rule is meant to mean a completely stock car.

Many people think the rule means stock chassis. Meaning no back half suspension work, removed firewall and such.

At this point no one seems to know 100%. I am sure as tech inspectors get more questions about the rule it will be discussed with the NHRA of what exactly the intent of the phrasing "stock" means in regards to the rule.

You mean I can run at rt 66 now?

Your car is stock?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Quote from another forum:

A few minutes ago, I had the NHRA call me about some chassis certs so I asked him about this new rule. They said, the car has to be on OEM tires and be 100% stock. They said, if a driver is good enough drive to get a new GT500 or ZL1 into the low 11's or high 10's, we are not worried about them crashing. The people that we worry about are the drivers of new GT500's and Corvette's than run 14's fishtailing all over the place. There isn't any rule that we can think of that won't keep dumb people from hurting themselves.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
How a car with a lot of power from the factory is safer on stock tires than a drag radial or slick is beyond me. lol

I hope it filters down to some thing like "un-modified factory frame, firewall and chassis" cars do not require a roll bar or cage up to 9.99. Because a 2008+ car hitting a wall at 135 does not care what is powering the car. The velocity and weight is the same no matter how the car got there. So if they think a chassis is safe enough for run up to 135 it shouldn't matter how it got to that speed. Sure let safety rules for blower and nitrous stay in place for obvious reasons. But I am not the one making the rules so my word means nothing. lol

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
So anybody with a fat wallet who may never have driven on a race track can go buy a GT500, run stock tires and it's safe. Maybe cause it has more airbags, traction control or better something or another, I think not. And what about the safety of the poor slob running in the other lane next to these guys? Dosn't make sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info