Biker Build Off

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Anybody else watching this last night/tonight?

I am thoroughly disappointed in the bikes. I am not a huge fan of PJD's bikes, but honestly they have the best bike this year. Jesse James's and Senior's sport bikes look very awkard and small. I am not sure what the hell Gas Monkey was thinking. The actual build off finale is really cheesy.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Yeah this finale is lame. I like the Gas Monkey guys on their show, but that bike looks like something the other guys were building 15 years ago. Dude looked like he was going to shit his pants when James started asking him to back up his words in person.

Senior's bike is awesome. All machined from aluminum. Very cool.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I like the machining on Senior's bike for sure, but it fails in its execution. The bike standing on its own looks pretty cool, but when there is a rider on it the bike looks awkward (Jesse's does as well). The front end is terrible as well, nothing sporty about that giant square monstronsity.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I actually liked all of the bikes. It was nice to see Jesse break away from his comfort zone, and as always, very cool to see him craft his bike.

As far as looks, Id have to go with JR, but unlike last time with just the 3, I had a hard time deciding what bike I thought was the coolest.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
The live shows are just terrible. Last year was even worse. So much crap filler its not even funny.

As far as the bikes go I liked SR and Jesse's the best. I thought they had the best designs and put the most work into them. However, the fact they built sport bikes ultimately hurt them I think in the voting. I did enjoy gas monkey's bike but it wasn't anything new that hasn't been done before. JR bike was nice but he pretty much cake decorated that bike. I liked the grill and the wheels but that was about it.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
All the bikes have there good and bad to them.
I liked JR's bike the most but the F&L bike was pretty sick IMO.
Just like last year when they did this, JR builds bikes that are the current hot trend in custom built bikes. I think this is why he wins outside of it being a popularity contest more then a build off.

chet3310

TCG Elite Member
Dec 21, 2008
I was wanting Gas monkey to win to be honest. They built/chopped a bike just like the original chopper came from. Not from making/buying your frames, buying a bunch parts, and assembling it. It was clean, fast, and loud. And like the Indian Larry's days, they built something to ride to the ceremony. Fawk theme bikes!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info