Came across this kit car

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
its a fiero chassis but it sounds like he replaced much of it with tube
you can see a bit of it in the engine bay pic

Exactly. A lot of the kit cars require you to stretch the rear of the vehicle to fit the mold. Usually the front ends remain relatively unchanged.

The non stretched kit cars look horrendous, the stretched ones look a bit more realistic.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
:pedobear:

photo.php

url

These are the only ones I think halfway decent, still would never own one though

euro14.jpg

wd20040409_042.jpg

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
What was it that caused the fiero to burn? I actually saw one burning years ago on I90. Nothin left but some rims and a motor, could of hauled it away in a garbage bag.

1 of the causes was the weather stripping on the read decklid right by the rear window glass. Leaves and such would accumulate there and once the decklid is opened they would fall directly onto the catalytic converter, instant fire. There was a recall to remove the weatherstripping to prevent the fires. I believe there was also an issue specifically with the Iron Duke engines that caused fires. I want to say something with the valve covers maybe, not 100% sure though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info