605 HP V-10 3000lb Shelby Cobra Concept

Biff

Banned
May 24, 2007
http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-Ford-Shelby-Cobra-Concept.htm

A New Legend is Born

As the saying goes, too much power is almost enough. So thought Carroll Shelby when he shoe-horned a 427-cubic-inch Ford V-8 under the hood of a small British roadster, giving birth to the legendary 427 Cobra.

Four decades later, Ford’s Advanced Product Creation team – an in-house think-tank cum skunk works – explored the idea of applying Shelby’s famous formula to the latest components and architectures Ford has to offer. The result is the Ford Shelby Cobra concept, a radical new roadster, fully engineered for high-speed testing, completed in just five months by a small, tightly focused team of enthusiasts.

This production-feasible roadster has a 427-inspired 605-horsepower, all-aluminum V-10 engine mounted at the front of an advanced aluminum chassis modified from the rear-engine Ford GT.

It weighs slightly more than 3,000 pounds and is about as long as a Mazda Miata. There’s no roof, no side glass, not even a radio. "That’s the formula," said Carroll Shelby. "It’s a massive motor in a tiny, lightweight car."

2dl258z.jpg

xgfivb.jpg

What a sweeeeet-looking motor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkyQ9eIi_4M

Love it or hate it, it's a badass car

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
The exhaust sounds more exotic then anything, yet actual exotic cars have better sounding exhausts. You know when something is wrong when a 4.6 litre V8 sounds better then a 7.0 litre V10 in most peoples opinions. :hs:

I think you are comparing two different beasts. Sure a Ferrari V12 sounds sweet and a gallardo sounds like a deeper F1 wail. But I'll give you that the early Vipers didn't sound too hot, wasn't until they refined the motor in the late 90s that it started sounding better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info