RX-8

mike@pwerks

Family Car Owner
Jan 12, 2008
AEM Intake, B&B Exhaust or Borla Exhaust would be a good start. I would have to check on tuning. What is he leaning towards, drag racing or road/track racing? If he is drag racing, he might want to stick with the turbo because these cars are relatively slow from the factory. If he wants to do some road/track racing, then some basic mods to up the power will be all he needs. I can get basic intake and exhaust systems, so let me know. Here was a good site I found and I know of a friend who has an RX-8 uses.

http://www.rx8blog.com/

RossiGTP

Young Gun
Oct 23, 2008
Portage
Real Name
Cody Rossi
ya thats what i told him cuz i have heard rotarys are a bitch to mess with and im not about to mess with one. he wants it for the street and stuff so intake and stuff is what i told him he just has to find someone who can tune it and find a decent price for intake and exhaust and maybe an underdrive pulley kit.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
ya thats what i told him cuz i have heard rotarys are a bitch to mess with and im not about to mess with one. he wants it for the street and stuff so intake and stuff is what i told him he just has to find someone who can tune it and find a decent price for intake and exhaust and maybe an underdrive pulley kit.

God no.

I would not buy ANY aftermarket pullies for a motor that spins as fast as those motors do, and with as much important stuff essentially 'connected' directly to the crank that would be pushed out of balance if a non-flawless/balanced pulley is used.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info