350 swap or building the 2.8

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
yeah maybe for the short block :( nukka im broke. I'm doing this swap on a shoe string budget!

No pretty much complete I don't think they have the accesories but pan to intake complete, you would need a starter alt and either an a/c delete or an a/c pump to make it complete ill find you some give me a minute gotta switch to the computer

MrFosta

Cali Imported
Jan 26, 2013
Chicago, IL
Ok another mind change. I'm building the 2.8. I'm gunna throw a racing cam in it do headers prolly 3in pipes, and a holly 600 double pumper. Will anyone help me find a cam that will work with my truck. Preferably one that works with the stock computer and is a kit with valves and lifters.

Save your money. Put a stock ls motor in the car. If you can't afford it, wait. Modding the 2.8 will only make it loud and less reliable.

final mind change!

alrighty changed my mind again and started buying parts. Im building a 283 sbc engine. Just bought a mild summit cam and roller kit, got a holly 600 double pumper, summitracing HEI performance distributor, already have the belt set up. I have a 350 turbo trans but im gunna sell that and hook the 283 up to a 4.3 5 speed trans outta an s10. Im also getting a positraction axle. I'm doing the 283 cause it landed on me by luck so its a cheap build, plus paves the way for a 350 down the road. Ill post pics of the build once it gets going right now im piecing it together. Wish me luck xD

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info