V8 or F/i v6 sedan of choice?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
back to the op though.... i mean pending price range- there are so many options.

go up to 20k. i say don't worry about fi, pick up a srt8 300c or charger, a v8 g8, evo/sti if she can drive stick... 335i with some shat done... 535i same route...

go marauder and use the leftover dollars to s/c it and go fast...

boom. those are my bets.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
My 335xi ran 12.5@111mph on 93 pump gas on all season run flats with Downpipes, filter, inter cooler and air filters. Car sounds stock and was rather quick for something I dd in the worst weather conditions.

Me vs my buddies H/C/I ls1 camaro.
[YOUTUBEHD]7Gza8JpGAmE[/YOUTUBEHD]

How much $ did those mods cost?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
How much $ did those mods cost?

Almost nothing... The JB4 tune costs $500, $100 for a dual cone intake and that's probably where 80% of people stop. Add downpipes ($500- $800) and a larger front mount intercooler and you've basically done all you can with the stock turbos.

Realistically though, a tune and intake alone should have you knocking on 12's. Add E85 to that for some extra kick.

I'd go with the 535 if it's going to be a family car. The 3 is nice but you give up almost nothing by going to the 5. Just make sure you go with a sport package.

I'd also skip the Xi model. Just get a nice set of winter tires. The sport version of the rear wheel drive models is by far the best handling. Sport Xi's are basically appearance packages and that's it.

You can find some really nice examples in the OP's price range too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info