*READ* Fluid Motor Union is GARBAGE

Mantvis

Jan 1, 2010
Took my car to Fluid motor union this summer, the car was at their shop for the whole summer, payed them over 3k for repairs and what not. The whole service was just BS. Never had an experience like ive had with them.. Should of taken my car to discount tires to get the repairs done...
Any ways after a long hassle i was done with their BS, took the car home (tow truck). They told me the flywheel was fucked, so i just did it my self. Started the car and it sounded funny to me, took it around a block, and i knew it did not sound right. But i was not familiar to the car since it was stage 3+ APR Audi TT. Bought the car and immediately i dropped it off ant FLUID. Never new what was appropriate sound for it, it had bigger injectors so it would sound louder than my other stock TT with 1.8t in it. So it sounded weird to me drove to my buddies shop maybe 3 or 4 miles. We talked and then he finally asked me have i check the oil. I said no, but there should be oil since i did the oil change before i dropped it off at fluid, and the car came straight from Fluid so there should be oil in there..
He checked the dipstick and it was completely empty! He put it 5 quarts of oil in there that means it was completely flushed. 5 miles later i blew a rod due to oil starvation
Is it really that hard to tell a customer that there is no oil in the engine? Their shop is the biggest pile of shit I've ever been to.
Called them spoke with Chris, I started bitching at them how their service is shit and what not and it really is. His response was "you bought a shit car, which is not worth anything, its a piece of shit" thats what he said to a customer.
The first time i asked them if i can take the car back from them because i was in need of a car they said it would be ready in few days, took the car from them the car drove about half a mile and it just died and wouldn't start on me. called them they got a tow truck, about 2 weeks later the car was "ready" for a pick up, drove roughly 50 miles with the car and the waste gate just well out of the car had to go get it off the street. And that is just BULLSHIT since they just did a turbo rebuild..

THE SHOP IS NOT RELIABLE, I WOULDN'T EVEN TAKE MY CAR TO THEM FOR A TIRE PRESSURE CHECK UP.. THEY WOULD MESS IT UP SOMEHOW..
DONT LET THEIR BUILD FOOL YA

GARBAGE SHOP WITH GARBAGE CUSTOMER SERVICE, ALL THEY CARE ABOUT

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I believe Willizm had problems there too. I test drove their modded shop M3.

Yep, They look like a well put together shop, but the people that work there are absolutely shit. I had them put in my downpipes because my TA was on the rack and wanted those done quickly so figure I'd give them a shot. Not only did they charge me more for what we agreed to, but the car ran like shit because they put the o2 sensors in the wrong locations. Basically cylinders 1,2,3 read one o2 and cylinders 4,5,6 read off of the second o2. During start up the PCM is programmed to read off of the first bank of cylinders to adjust for timing and such. Well, since they had them switched the wrong way that is what was causing the car to run terrible during startup and idle. I explained that to them and they wanted to charge me for a retune of the car for $1500. I told them to shove it and switch the o2's. It's a pain in the ass to do without dropping the front end down. They told me that if I was wrong they were going to charge me double the hourly rate to do it. Needless to say I was right, the car fired up no problem and they didn't even say "sorry, you were right". During this whole time of me trying to convince them they were still so persistent about treating me like shit.

OP, my recommendation is to have AutoWerks work on the car if you don't have the means to do it yourself. They are just down the street from that shit shop.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
To me, FMU is all about a wow factor. Let's have 8 open throttle bodies on a 7 series, or 8 open throttle bodies on an m3 spraying meth into the throttle body "horns". I can't see how any of that shit is good for an engine, but hey "It looks cool". Not my style when modding an expensive performance car.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
his other posts are two threads about this car in the last 2 years

so 2 years ago when he bought this bigger turbo equipped TT at the age of 16, he took it immediatly to FMU and its sat there for the last 2 years had the turbo's rebuilt and a wastegate fell out onto the road at some point so he took it back and then something happened to the flywheel/motor.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
Dude, its reasons like this that all shops and mechanics are scum in my book... maybe two exceptions at best and one doesn't even do it as a profession! These guys will take their sweet time and an eight hour job will take four business days if you are lucky. Apparently asking if the car can be brought in when they have time is asking too much. It will sit in the shop for days before they get to it then that call comes in "We know what's wrong and it's going to be a few days or even next week before the parts get here." Parts come in and they are working on other cars.

Then if you are around long enough you hear them rant about their customers being stupid and wanting work done right now. Well if they have brain two working, they would realize they are actually the ones that lack intelligence. Some people know that a job will take eight hours and get fed up when they take a week and a half to do it!

Thank you for message boards, saving us all time, money and frustration.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
First off the OP doesn't sound like the smartest guy around.... I'm willing to bet there is a whole lot more to this story than he is telling us. Second, if you think mechanics take their sweet time on a car you are so wrong it's almost sad. Mechanics work on something known as flat rate time, meaning a job pays a certain number of hours and if they get it done faster they still get the whole amount, but if it takes them longer then they basically work for free. So they have an incentive to work fast. And what gives some customer the right to demand their car should be the first one to be worked on? What about the people who were there before you? And yes, sometimes parts take a long time to come in or they arrive broken and it's usually not the shops fault. I don't know what FMU is and I'm not defending them because I don't know what actually happened.... What I can tell you is that the OP is most certainly not telling the whole story because no shop would purposely keep a car around for months and not even charge storage fees etc......

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Either way the op is obviously full of shit. Even if this shop is as shitty as he claims, he obviously did something to get the situation to end up like this. From the sound of it the car was all hacked up even before he bought it, so I'm guessing all the shitty work on it before was breaking and he was blaming this shop for fucking it up. We see it all the time at the dealership when people ghetto in shit on their cars. We will fix their vehicle then they will call up a week later saying their dog just started shitting on the rug and somehow it's our fault in their minds and they try to get their money back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info