heet

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Last week i changed my spark plugs and wires, and while i was at it i put in a bottle of heet since i knew it was going to get cold soon. Day later my idle started to get rough. So i thought it was my new plugs and wires and triple checked them and they were fine. Over the weekend i was almost empty on gas and filled her up. And now my idle is fine. So is it possible for heet to screw with the engine/idle? Ive used it on other cars before with no difference in how the engine ran as noticeable as with the blazer now.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the blazer what year/engine?
most of the 4.3's are cpi so itmay have been a hickup dep on how low the tank was when you added it....most likely you probably noticed the injector poppets sticking (run a full bottle of chevron techron through at less than a 1/4tank) or the fuel pressure regulator has sprung a leak and is leaking gas into the intake.

if its the regulator it will be hard to start on a hot restart or missfire for a bit at startup /light load

fuel pressure will drop like a rock when the pump shuts off if its toast.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
injector poppets are sticking causing a streaming pattern than a fine mist spray pattern, run the techron in a 1/4tank as low as you dare then fillup with good gas and another bottle of techron

its one of the main issues with the poppet nozzle injectors....right at the end of the 4.3's life they finally solved it with the 03 MPFI that uses 6 seperate injectors

watch out for that pressure regulator diaphram leak issue...its a doozie...though now you can get repair kits...back in the day you had to buy a whole injector/spider assembly

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Shadow99
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list