help me decide on a new project car!!

Sharkey

Regular
Sep 19, 2012
Clean S13 with a LS1 swap...... Or find one with a good.SR and up the boost. Silvias/240's are not sleepers though, lots of quick ones out there.

On the right track ^^

S14 with a 2Jz
Fox Body w/ a 2jz (Im gonna get burned hard on that one.)

Both cars wiegh next to nothing, are an easy swap, and can make 7-800whp through the stock 2j.

Im bias :)

If not the import route...
80s Malibu, Lots of spray, and they are dirt cheap.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Swapping a v8 into anything that never had a v8 from the factory is Not and will Never be a sleeper. Anyone with half a brain will know its been swapped form a mile away. Even putting Turbos on cars that didn't have one form the factory makes it ineligible as a sleeper as well because again it can be heard from a mile away.

I'd 6.0 LS Swap a Caprice or other 80's car that had a 305. Keep the LS motor mild, Quiet, and spray it the hell out of it.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Swapping a v8 into anything that never had a v8 from the factory is Not and will Never be a sleeper. Anyone with half a brain will know its been swapped form a mile away. Even putting Turbos on cars that didn't have one form the factory makes it ineligible as a sleeper as well because again it can be heard from a mile away.

I'd 6.0 LS Swap a Caprice or other 80's car that had a 305. Keep the LS motor mild, Quiet, and spray it the hell out of it.

Not true at all. You just need to be mildly clever about how you do things. Extremely mild and restrictive exhausts with Electric Cutouts, hidden and/or painted front mounts... It doesn't take much to throw off the majority.

There are TONS of cars out there that you'd never know what hit you until it was too late- Unless someone was dumb enough to open the hood. A few of my old rides included.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
If you wanna be sleeper,.get a mid 80's f body, like a really jank one. Put three different style of stock 80's rim on it (two of the one you like), put an ls with a small enough cam that it just sounds like a poorly idling tbi 305. Put some spray on the bitch, and no one will suspect anything.

Growing a mullet might help the hustle too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info