I'm getting close...

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I met up with Jockerzl, SMUG, and Shibby at 41/No Limit Raceway yesterday and tried to press my luck... I was pissed I didn't run good at track day, so I had to squeeze another time in. I found some issues in the tune w/my shift points and fuel cut-offs blah blah blah.

My previous best was at NLR w/a 13.8 @101 and 2.08 60'. First pass though since running at byron I cracked off a 13.3 @ 103 and started to cut it down from there.

20121029_124016.jpg

Only things I did was stepped up the cam (slightly bigger, did it for the choppiness lol), milled the heads, and put an underdrive pulley on.

I ran 6 times in a 2hr window bc I had to go to work. 3 times I got 13.26 @ 104 and a 1.99 60' :fy: (Thanks again to both Dan's for the Hoosier's ) I know there is a little bit more in it but not much. Next year I will hit my 12 mark. With just my intake alone that I have to put on I have it ;) And I'm still running on the stock heavy ass 80e torque converter.

20121029_123907.jpg

Me vs Jockerzl, you can hear the 1-2 is fuckin perfect but the 2-3 is still laggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj8Je0Ibp54

Oh well, good racin' fellas

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
That 1-2 shift sounds snappy. Do you have and suspension mods? I watched you run and when the truck launched the rear end kind of bounced. Not like wheel hop but the whole back of the truck somewhat squatted, lifted back up, squatted again, and then you took off.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Lol yea ok. That truck dont play

he's giving that thing the garden hose

lol, i'm just messin with him. His truck is a beast

That 1-2 shift sounds snappy. Do you have and suspension mods? I watched you run and when the truck launched the rear end kind of bounced. Not like wheel hop but the whole back of the truck somewhat squatted, lifted back up, squatted again, and then you took off.

I've neglected the suspension... 100% stock suspension w/124k miles. I need to change the shocks bad, lol. I'm gonna have to do work before i can do more work lol.

He needs leaf spring clamps

Cheap mod for suspension

I'm gonna be looking into upgrades

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info