my Cooper S vs. Spec Miata race car

S

speedycoop

S

speedycoop

twice the hp doesn't hurt either nice vid

i doubt i have twice the hp. i know i have more.. but those things weigh nothing. i wouldnt be surprised if i had double the weight on a spec miata!!!!

Did I just meet you the other day at the cross town bar in naperville?

Sweet video btw.

haha probably!! that is one of my favorite bars.. who where you there with? ooooh wait your friends with jeff right?!!

i hope to race with you come next year

lets do it!! my buddy is a member at the autobahn. $150 gets you access to the track if you come with us.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
this is a quote from a spec miata board regarding his wheel horsepower

FYI, folks, my baseline peak power on a Dynojet was 108.5.

average range is between 103-115.

I thought you had some power upgrades on your car?

I think the Mini weighs a tad big more than the spec miata, also it's pretty tough to ask your front tires to turn, accelerate, and stop the car without over heating. And last but not least this track especially isn't where a more powerful car has the advantage because they don't. My stock ass stock s2000 was running with z06 vettes, cause they never had a chance to use their power to get away. Now, road america is a different story... the high power cars will walk away as soon as they hit the straight away, and then it's all over. You usually won't see them again until you pit or he passes you.... again.

Last edited:

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
I'm not taking anything away from this guy, or at least I wasn't trying to, I was just pointing out the fact that those spec miata cars don't have tons of power, and when you have nearly twice the hp regardless of the drive train setup its a lot easier to close the gap on a race car such as the miata.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
spec miata fast lap of 2:46 at road america. i've only been their once, passed a lot of things too! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-673894928314894300
and note that my slow ass had a best lap of 2:59. which is why i'm not setting any sti benchmarks... it doesn't start being about the car until you're actually quite good.. until then it's all about the driver. im still pretty nubby.

Grahamahama

Regular
Oct 13, 2008
Plainfield, IL
Real Name
Graham
this was at the autobahn county club this past august. it was a members only full track weekend. car im playing with is a members spec miata race car.

THIS is a prime example of how well the MINI Cooper S handles with great suspension and r-compound slicks, with a good driver. ENJOY!!!
(btw i made this video in all of an hour...its not to bad...)

wheres the video of me. post it up. you said you would out it together a while ago. wtf

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info