PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
SS-1007 - K&N Performance Products, Oil Filter; Billet direct from K&N

Ive never seen this shit...

A K&N reusable oil filter by Pure Power will last the lifetime of your vehicle under normal vehicle operating conditions. The filter housing, bypass valve and call plate are CNC machined from Billet 6061 T6 Aluminum. The mechanical filtration is accomplished with a dual woven T 304 stainless steel micro-screen that provides excellent engine protection while providing a substantial increase in oil flow when compared to standard disposable oil filters. U.S. Pat. No. 7,413,889 and U.S. Pat. Pending

SS-1007.jpg

$220

:eek3:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Why waste the money for this for the vette? A regular filter should be fine considering you haven't driven it more than 3,000 miles in the 2 years you've owned it

Did I say I would waste money on it? Ive never seen such a thing as a reusable oil filter, thought it would be cool to post. But to me it looks like another useless part James would tell you to buy for the Regal and you would. ACT like u know the deal.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
didn't someone poop in your fruity pebbles or something recently honest abe?

Did I say I would waste money on it? Ive never seen such a thing as a reusable oil filter, thought it would be cool to post. But to me it looks like another useless part James would tell you to buy for the Regal and you would. ACT like u know the deal.

holy fuck can people not take a joke today?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
system 1 and other reusable/cleanable filters been around forever, its required on a nitro car

they are handy of debris inspection but lousy at particulate filtering, ive seen them run in a bypass arangment with a std element filter. they are meant for cars where the oil doesnt have a chance to get dirty...e.g. high oil turnover vehicles
they get cleaned in solvent and big teams have special reverse flow flushers but if its got metal debris from a failure (big or little) they will just replace the stainless element.

i wouldnt run one since sutting open a filter isnt hard, just a bit of labor...better to spend that $ on oil analysis so you have a baseline and a chance to catch an impending failure

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info