Windshield replacement - Anywhere cheap?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
go to the aurora junkyard and look for the white van with AUTO GLASS on the side in electrical tape

gotten more than a few for around 150, they will go in and pull from a donor and install in the lot, windshield is anywhere from 40-75ish bucks and they hit ya for the adhesive and labor
bring cash and walk the yard to look for explorers and mountaineers (im not 100% but it may also cross over to rangers.) bean counters love to use parts across several platforms

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Had gerber collision quote me online at like $220. Then their sales guy called to follow up and told him it was too much. He went and spoke with his manager and came back with $170. I told them I'd call back to schedule since I was done looking.

I forgot about it and sales guy called me back 2 days later and I told him it was still too high, but I would schedule right there if they came down some more. He said they couldn't so I said thanks and hung up. He's calls back 10 minutes later and said they'll do $145 so I got a new windshield installed at my house on Saturday. :rofl:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Had gerber collision quote me online at like $220. Then their sales guy called to follow up and told him it was too much. He went and spoke with his manager and came back with $170. I told them I'd call back to schedule since I was done looking.

I forgot about it and sales guy called me back 2 days later and I told him it was still too high, but I would schedule right there if they came down some more. He said they couldn't so I said thanks and hung up. He's calls back 10 minutes later and said they'll do $145 so I got a new windshield installed at my house on Saturday. :rofl:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
wait you got that mountaineer for 1500$?!

:csi:

Guy listed it as "v8, not 4x4." because it didn't have the 4x4 switch inside. :rofl: Looked underneath and there was the awd system.

Also, apt neighbors said he was selling it to make rent... :dunno:

I feel like it was a good deal for me.

they arent worth any more than that :mamoru:

I believe that they are.

:james:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I bought a 96 AWD V8 Explorer Eddie Bauer for $600 a few years back. Because there are so damn many of them, they offer good bang for the buck used I've found.

95-01 Explorers are almost all $1000-$3000 outside of clean dealer examples which may go as high as 5K, but Private party I rarely see over 3K asking for a V8 AWD/4X4 example.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info