TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
2509-car-dsm-dumpster-vehicles-500x400.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
DSM's are good cars if you do everything right the first time. They have a bad rep because people were making double the power without upgrading anything. Of course they'll grenade all the stock parts. My laser was an 11sec car with well over 200,000 miles on it. They're very stout motors. They're just really shitty cars. :rofl:

Spoolin D Dub

"THE BOSS" But you can call me sarge!
Sep 21, 2012
Just Around da Corner
DSM's are good cars if you do everything right the first time. They have a bad rep because people were making double the power without upgrading anything. Of course they'll grenade all the stock parts. My laser was an 11sec car with well over 200,000 miles on it. They're very stout motors. They're just really shitty cars. :rofl:
Hey... my car isn't shitty lol. All the maintenance is done etc. Its about what you want and your goals.

Spoolin D Dub

Sep 21, 2012
Just Around da Corner
Shitty as in not well built. I love them, I had 2 well running ones, and 1 that was bought as a parts car. Even with well over 200,000 miles, that one ran like a top too. It was just ugly on the outside.
Ugly? Not true. My car not ugly at all. Most DSMers just don't know how to come hard with it.

GTOguy

junk
Apr 28, 2012
Joliet
And i didnt buy no monster just a 95 gst somethin to mess around with from a roll i gotta start expanding my horizions lol maybe someone on here knows the car ill try and throw a pic up later but for now its flat black has black rims and a carbon fiber hood also on the bumper it says fuk your jdm its dsm.. and the windows are blacked the fk out 5%

Spoolin D Dub

Sep 21, 2012
Just Around da Corner
And i didnt buy no monster just a 95 gst somethin to mess around with from a roll i gotta start expanding my horizions lol maybe someone on here knows the car ill try and throw a pic up later but for now its flat black has black rims and a carbon fiber hood also on the bumper it says fuk your jdm its dsm.. and the windows are blacked the fk out 5%

Daily or race car, doesn't matter. How they maintained it is everything. If you bought it local I may know who the owner was and can try to get an idea of what you have. You can start by checking the strut towers under the hood to see if its rusted?

GTOguy

junk
Apr 28, 2012
Joliet
Daily or race car, doesn't matter. How they maintained it is everything. If you bought it local I may know who the owner was and can try to get an idea of what you have. You can start by checking the strut towers under the hood to see if its rusted?

Cars has like no rust thats y i got this one all others were piles i looked at at yes it was local like buffalo grove i got it from

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Were u located?

I'm in Aurora. You can make a cheap shit data logger for those cars to help with tuning. You have to use the NB o2 sensor for tuning, but it works good enough. My laser I had was AWD, and was also rocking R-compound road racing tires, still a beast in the snow. They're good cars, just make sure you undercoat the fuck out of it, or it'll rust to the ground after the first winter. There's 100,000 places water and salt get stuck inside random places, and just eat away at the car from the inside, out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info