Chevy Used A Ford Truck To Set Up The Their Stage At The Texas State Fair

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
original.jpg

Chevrolet's media team will be thrilled when they see this photo of workers using a Ford SuperDuty to setup the Chevy Trucks display at the Texas State Fair. Although to be fair, at least it's not another recall notice. That would just be embarrassing.

So what does this mean? Do you need a Ford truck when it's time to do real work? Or is the Chevy Trucks display a blatant invasion of a pre-established Ford Country (that mythical land where Ford trucks serve on city zoning commissions)?

What have you to say about this photo, which was shoved under our door in the dead of night by an anonymous Jalopnik tipster?

:roflpicard: :ford:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
You cannot be serious?

They are more concerned with the stage setup being done properly than the types of trucks they drive.

I am serious. I don't know how often you contract companies to do work for corporate projects, but that is my job. The contractor is given a rider, they have to adhere to this, this, and this, or you don't do the project. Every company has a different set of stipulations. GM, a company that is trying to make a rebound, is concerned about PR, at an event that is supposed to be promoting how GM is the best, this is not how you do things. There are probably a few dozen companies that have the ability to do the work that that contractor did, I am 100% sure you could find one that uses GM vehicles.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I am serious. I don't know how often you contract companies to do work for corporate projects, but that is my job. The contractor is given a rider, they have to adhere to this, this, and this, or you don't do the project. Every company has a different set of stipulations. GM, a company that is trying to make a rebound, is concerned about PR, at an event that is supposed to be promoting how GM is the best, this is not how you do things. There are probably a few dozen companies that have the ability to do the work that that contractor did, I am 100% sure you could find one that uses GM vehicles.

:rofl: stop it. I guarantee you can go to the Chicago auto show during setup and watch many different manufacturers vehicles there building displays for other companies. This is retarded.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
What's even better is the picture is retarded. I see two dudes with rakes possibly? Oh shit, there is a Ford truck near a Chevy display being built. If this is what we are freaking over, Mook shouldn't have been allowed to drive his cobra onto the dealership parking lot at rockenbach car show

This.

It's not like the truck is pulling some giant Chevy display in. Looks like some maintenance crew or something for the fair grounds...probably nothing to do with the Chevy booth

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info