2013 Shelby Cobra GT500 goes 9's

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I seriously LOL at every mustang in the country that has 700+rwhp an post a low 11 or high 10 second timeslip.
Learn to drive and setup the suspension properly before you bolt a monster blower to the car.

Wasnt just a monster blower either. They had the motor pulled on this car on their FB page, but didnt say what they did. Again, the more money than brains club.

51607_461738993857471_187726022_o.jpg

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Horsepower numbers have seriously gotten out of hand lately.
For example, with a properly setup 03 Cobra making say....650rwhp, the car is capable of low 10, high 9 second slips.

All these 800-1000rwhp cars everyone is building nowadays are good from 100+mph and up. Any speed below that is just gonna put you in a ditch.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Wasnt just a monster blower either. They had the motor pulled on this car on their FB page, but didnt say what they did. Again, the more money than brains club.

51607_461738993857471_187726022_o.jpg

Lethal, Evo and other shops are pushing these cars in their development of parts and tunes. Things break. Sometimes at the fault of the owner/tuner/shop and sometimes it is because the parts are pushed passed beyond their design and operating parameters. And that car went 9's back in early July I believe.

That stock size blower on a 4v has run in the 9s before. But they are usually lighter cars. I am going to bet that GT500 with driver still weighs at least 3600-3700#. So stock motor with some bolt ons in the 9s is still impressive. Mainly because it is a stock motor.

This was all done with MM&FF for an article. I don't get that magazine so I am not sure if the project has come out yet with all the details.

And if all you guys think it is so easy to run 9's with power numbers on the lower side why don't your cars run 9's? :dunno: And for that fact where are all the other 2013 GT500 owners that have run into the 9's so easily? :dunno:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
To have a comfortable, reliable, new car that goes 9's is extremely impressive. For some reason, lately it seems there are some jealous ass mo-fo's posting up on here.

hatersplit.jpg

Yeah, $100k can buy you that no problem. That was my point to this thread. Lethal pays cash for a new car, drops $10k into it then runs out with a pro driver and claims their "first blah blah blah in the 11's, 10's 9's" and so on records...gay. They did the same with the 2007 GT500, 2010 GT500, 11GT, 12 boss and now the 13GT500. Evo is locked into this battle with them too and Im sick of people cumming on these lethal/evo cars. If I had $20k and a pro driver on standby, my car would run 8's.

:ford:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
A shop with reputation on the line > backyard over thinking genius mechanics.

Just sayin'

A shop taking a brand new car and making it the fastest is huge for publicity regardless of the amount. If they can reproduce whatever part that got it there then it'll sell.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
A shop with reputation on the line > backyard over thinking genius mechanics.

Just sayin'

A shop taking a brand new car and making it the fastest is huge for publicity regardless of the amount. If they can reproduce whatever part that got it there then it'll sell.

Exactly. And FREE press all over the internet. Where even people that hate what they are doing even make threads about it. LMAO

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Lethal, Evo and other shops are pushing these cars in their development of parts and tunes. Things break. Sometimes at the fault of the owner/tuner/shop and sometimes it is because the parts are pushed passed beyond their design and operating parameters. And that car went 9's back in early July I believe.

That stock size blower on a 4v has run in the 9s before. But they are usually lighter cars. I am going to bet that GT500 with driver still weighs at least 3600-3700#. So stock motor with some bolt ons in the 9s is still impressive. Mainly because it is a stock motor.

This was all done with MM&FF for an article. I don't get that magazine so I am not sure if the project has come out yet with all the details.

And if all you guys think it is so easy to run 9's with power numbers on the lower side why don't your cars run 9's? :dunno: And for that fact where are all the other 2013 GT500 owners that have run into the 9's so easily? :dunno:

Bj weighed his last Sunday. Larry will know for sure. Think he said 39xx with him. And he's not a big guy. I know Larry weighed the ctsv and wowO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info