Honda Civic engine mount issue

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
So, after doing some fairly extensive troubleshooting and expecting the worse, it appears as if the vibration in my Civic is the right engine mount. It appears that it's some sort of funky damper setup that is like a shock I guess. It appears to be a pattern failure on Civics so I'm wondering

A)Does anyone make anything aftermarket for the R18 to replace this piece of junk?

B)Just shove an Anchor mount in for $60 from Rock Auto and call it a day until it breaks again?

C)Take the one on there, pull it apart fill it full of Window Weld and do a "poly" mount

D)Go take the pounding and pay probably $150 for an OE mount from the stealership

Leaning more towards B at the moment unless A or C seem be the consensus. Hondas aren't terrible cars but the dealers tend to be tools so I would really rather not do D.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Which mount and how many miles on it? I've always stuck with oem shit on Hondas as its usually the highest quality.

With that said I'm disappointed in the quality of our 06 American made civic vs my previous japanese civic (that was 20 years old lol) and the others we've had in the family.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I work at a Honda dealer. So if you would want the oem one I could get it for you

Hrrm, which one? Not a fan of the Joliet dealership, and I was up at the Naperville one and they didn't even find this which is sorta sucky since it seems to be a pattern failure.

I've got 120K on it and it's an 08. I do have an extended warranty for it though to 125, so I'm going to go in and probably get it done. Yeah, I don't think I'm too impressed with the quality of certain parts. I had the rack go out at 38K and I have had the arms in the back give issues. Lost at least a full set of tires if not a set and a half of tires due to suspension components chewing them. Really annoying since tires aren't $50 each these days.

G_T_O

TCG Elite Member
May 10, 2009
Hrrm, which one? Not a fan of the Joliet dealership, and I was up at the Naperville one and they didn't even find this which is sorta sucky since it seems to be a pattern failure.

I've got 120K on it and it's an 08. I do have an extended warranty for it though to 125, so I'm going to go in and probably get it done. Yeah, I don't think I'm too impressed with the quality of certain parts. I had the rack go out at 38K and I have had the arms in the back give issues. Lost at least a full set of tires if not a set and a half of tires due to suspension components chewing them. Really annoying since tires aren't $50 each these days.

I work at Honda on grand in elmhurst

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
We're at 60k on our 06. Yep have the tire issue thing too. Keeping zero toe has kept them alive decently. I'd like to get adjustable control arms but they're $$$$

Not tryin to thread jack but wasn't there a recall for the rear were a rear upper control arm kit needs to be installed?

Edited: found it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349292161.972092.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Yep.....except Honda wants to see you destroy a set of tires before they'll replace the arms....and not do anything about the tires.

And the replacement arms still aren't enough according to people that have gotten them replaced.

Would be easier in the long run to just get aftermarket adjustable arms to take out the crazy amount of camber.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info