Chattering Clutch

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I recently noticed that my clutch is starting to chatter on my 03 Cobra. It's been getting slightly worse over the past few months and it's only now bad enough that I figure I should fix it.

Anyone with a T56, what exactly is the cause of a chattering clutch on these transmissions? I only have 40K on the car, so I doubt it's worn out.
Input shaft? Bent fork? It seems to be worse when it warms up, like after driving for a while.

I don't beat on the car at all and probably haven't had the engine above 2500 RPM's for months.

Sharkey

Regular
Sep 19, 2012
I recently noticed that my clutch is starting to chatter on my 03 Cobra. It's been getting slightly worse over the past few months and it's only now bad enough that I figure I should fix it.

Anyone with a T56, what exactly is the cause of a chattering clutch on these transmissions? I only have 40K on the car, so I doubt it's worn out.
Input shaft? Bent fork? It seems to be worse when it warms up, like after driving for a while.

I don't beat on the car at all and probably haven't had the engine above 2500 RPM's for months.

I know this sounds dumb, but this is a factory clutch and not a twin/triple ect? A single disc clutch should have no chatter, is in when pedel is pressed/ car has no load I assume?

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
I'm not sure why a factory clutch would be chattering. I know my single disc (6 puck) clutch chattered a bit. After a while, I know sometimes (e.g. RPS strapped design) have problems with the straps breaking or stretching. This was the first time mine started to chatter. The second time was when the pressure plate bolts started backing out. I guess when it comes down to it, there could be plenty of things that cause "chatter".

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll have to pull it apart and have a look.

Interesting thing is I drove it a good distance yesterday and had no problems. No chattering at all. It was the first real "cold" day I have driven it since this chattering started.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info