STOLEN: RED 2002 S2000 (Des Plaines)

HYPROPULSION_R

Regular
May 19, 2010
Keep an eye out please. My friend's S was stolen from his apt last night in Des Plaines. Had a Vortech S/C, Tein coils, silver RPF1's. License plate# LOL FWD.

$500 reward for any leads to it.

5888622545_5354dfd2ce_z.jpg

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
People suck. Having seen a couple of thefts recently, its likely gone. Sucks to see a sweet car like that go missing. I've always had something weird for S2000s.

:hs: me too

Gotta keep them in a garage, otherwise they're gone. Simple as that.

:werd: It's so bad I have contemplated buying a cheap one, insuring it for a lot, and parking it on the west side for a few days and then just collect the pay out lol

HYPROPULSION_R

Regular
May 19, 2010
Please be on the lookout for any NFR (new formula red) parts off the car that might show up.

Parts to lookout for:

V2 Vortech S/C kit.

Comptech header (tube 2 is re welded at the engine flange, easy to spot)

Comptech Catback (AP2 version, longer tips)

Tien Coilovers

Tanabe F+R Swaybars

17x8 + 17x9 RPF1's, Starspec tires.

Hondata KPRO ECU

Seats had seat heaters in them. Drivers seat was lowered by hammering out the bottom of the pan.

Alpine PDX-5 Amp

Trunk mounted stealh box + JL 8" W3 sub woofer

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
:werd: It's so bad I have contemplated buying a cheap one, insuring it for a lot, and parking it on the west side for a few days and then just collect the pay out lol

Seriously, all you need is a set of wheels. Park it outside, and it'll be gone. A stock one will usually get left alone, as it looks like it isn't worth shit.

The one in this thread was probably scoped out somewhere, dude was probably followed home, and boom, stolen. You absolutely MUST be aware of your surroundings if you own a car that people can part out so easily. If there's someone behind you in your area, take a detour, try to lose them. It's always worth the extra effort. Loud cars (looks wise, not ricer wise) usually attract a lot of attention.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info