Something's Blown

eckoxl

Regular
Apr 8, 2009
Geneva, IL
Back in early August, the car overheated twice, had a hairline crack in coolant res. Fun. It had been running fine for a while then started acting up but I found out that I had been affected by the bad BP gas. Even more fun. I found that out 2 weeks ago and since then its had a random misfire which I thought was because of the bad gas. So today I pulled the plugs and cylinder 2 looks like crap. Compression tests on all cylinders come back 150-160.

I figured out that somehow coolant is getting into the cylinder because when I pulled the compression tester out, there was coolant on the bottom of it and I took at qtip and swabbed down in there.

Also, I did the compression test a couple times and after every time I would open the coolant bleeder and a little air would come out, but the compression gauge stayed the same.

So do we think I have a blown head gasket? or LIM? or what? I'm lost at the moment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• eckoxl
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list