May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Flood gates are open.

First pass out, right off the trailer.

377260_10151416880758989_968215504_n.jpg

Thanks for all the Congrats.

A few Weeks ago Joe brought us the car to step it up a notch. The engine had a yrs worth of beating on it, the trans was done may of 2011 also.

Everything checked out mechanically the car was making between 950-975 to the wheels for the last yr plus and had run a best of 9.2@153 on our superstock stage 1 trans setup.

The gameplan was to work with the foundation we already had and make more power, enough so to easily run an 8 sec pass.

The GT30s were thrown out, in place of them were put some hybrid turbos a bit larger in size. Also they now had billet wheels on the compressor side instead of the cast wheels on the previous GT30s.

We already had the 3 400LPH in tank pump setup in the car, since last yr, so that was not touched.

Same stage 1 3.8 Engine with our strengthening changes.

Transmission was torn down and checked, in place of the superstock clutch, our own configuration of Dodson promax clutch was installed, we have done so many now there is one config we like that is very resistant to getting burned up.

We also installed the Dodson 6 gear set at this time, the new P series,

The dyno was the easiest part, we had been provided with the new test SW by Cobb so we had BOTL and some other new stuff to play with. Cobb is an excellent platform for tuning an R35 GTR, inexpensive and very very capable. And you get to keep your cruise control!!

We made a bit over 1200 wheel hp on pump E85, and over 905 ftlb of torque. (Dynojet RWD)

With the boost off the line set at 4500 and 4 psi for our first attempt we ran what you see in the topic.

Thanks to our staff who do such a great job it makes mine easy.

And as always the customers that support us and believe in our service and trust us, even though we might not have the hype and fluff, but we get the job done.

Sean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq8C84uWCMo

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
8's is impressive. Motor work or not. What gets lost is all the work these guys have put in to make a car that fast. We see a 40 sec vid and it looks so easy, that anyone can build and drive a car into the 8's. This one and that mustang from ls fest both make it look simple. It's a lot of time and money to go that fast.

Not coming at you, just felt the need to express.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm sure it cost a ton of money and it is a lot of work, that is why I'm not that impressed. You put the same amount of time/money into another car, and you'd get the same results.

The GTR's are so expensive and I would expect them to be a lot less work to make that fast.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Let's say you take a stock 2001 2V convertible with an automatic transmission, and get that thing to run 8's...that would be impressive. Stock, it's about a high 14 second car, you'd be dropping the ET almost in half.

Take a stock GTR that already runs 11 stock, you're only making it drop about 3 seconds. That doesn't seem nearly as impressive.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Let's say you take a stock 2001 2V convertible with an automatic transmission, and get that thing to run 8's...that would be impressive. Stock, it's about a high 14 second car, you'd be dropping the ET almost in half.

Take a stock GTR that already runs 11 stock, you're only making it drop about 3 seconds. That doesn't seem nearly as impressive.

your logic is utterly retarded :rofl:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
ANY car running into the 8s @ 165 fucking mph is impressive...regardless of cost or what its capable out of the box. its not just "hey, lets slap some parts on and go ham."....there has been a TON of r&d to get these setups to work like they do. the trans, turbo pairing, tuning (which has been a huge headache)...fuck, they just basically found a way to get boost into the launch...

not impressive :rofl:

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
eh.... it is impressive because it is full weight and awd and big.

that 01 mustang to run 8s would be a fucking gutted race car

If a full weight Mustang makes as much power as the full weight GTR, why wouldn't it be able to run 8's? My Mustang with me in it weighs 3,800 lbs...minus the jack and spare wheel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info