money aside... could a gas powered truck be built up to compete with diesel trucks.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
modded diesels of course... money aside to an extent...

my little brother has a pretty clean f250...

423677_3948591230636_508394757_n.jpg

tuner/egr delete/4in turbo back/etc/etcetc...

he is buddies with a bunch of diesel guys- like hardcore stupidass pulling trucks/performance diesel shit.

my question is could a comparable gas truck- no matter the brand (im going something with an LS motor for all intents and purposes) throw down in a pulling competition?

and go- if possible- what is it going to take?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
in my head it's doable- front ends and rear ends in some of these trucks are quite burly... get a 3/4 ton chevy with a 6.0- newer- say 08+

like this Chevrolet : Silverado 2500 4x4 Crew in Chevrolet | eBay Motors

properly sized larger twin turbo setup right off the manifolds with as short of spool times as possible while still making good boost... built auto trans and burly ujoints/driveshaft etc etc...

comparable diesel trucks used are a good penny more- their built transmissions are stupidly expensive (which most diesel built up trucks are going to need once they make 150hp more than stock anyways) and getting some of these trucks up to 6-700hp takes quite a bit as well...

just something i think of occasionally but am just spitballing. could be cool to see happen.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Although you can put down good numbers with a Gas engine, the torque advantages of a Diesel burning motor will always put you at a disadvantage. I'm sure you can dump a ton of $$ down and make a GAS truck that hangs with the mid level diesel builds. But the huge diesel builds will out pull a gas build, that is why they are used, low revs high torque, opposite of your gas engine of high rev's medium torque.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
and wtf big block are you ptuting in? going to go find a sweet ol 7.4 out of a 98 3500? i think there are some better boat anchors...

8.1 is up in the air for me too- and really at the end of the day- do you really want to stroke a 8.1? not really. probably not. especially because parts for that motor are most likely $$$$$$$$ if even existent.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
forgive me for saying this. but 4 different turbos would be dumb

be better off with one big one small.. 4 would just be complicated and messy.

Meh, It is def. more parts to break and more complication, but if your going big, why not do something very few other people try. There was a big block build a few years back with 8 small turbos.... 2,000 hp IIRC

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Meh, It is def. more parts to break and more complication, but if your going big, why not do something very few other people try. There was a big block build a few years back with 8 small turbos.... 2,000 hp IIRC

yeah it was a gay ass show car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLfujQrr2yA

show me actually accelerate quicker than my saturn could and then id pay attention.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info