Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
FRS Rear Turbo - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

Just finished doing my rear turbo project on the FRS. Trying to be as inconspicuous as possible for the California crowd. I'm using a comp turbo oil-less with water cooling. () The little extra lines you see in the pix will be the water cooling lines besides the very little line for the BOV. The turbo is cooled with water that runs through the same lines as your heater core. It is in the same location as the muffler. The whole system can be reverted back to stock in a couple hours. It retains the catalytic cover as it is a $2500 ticket in california for removal. I did this because I wanted to feel the the difference between stock and turbo. There is a lot of excitement for the Don Accelerated system but since I'm in California there's no way we can do this without trailering everywhere because of our smog laws. So I bent them instead of breaking them. So here it is without the splash shield. Although in California a splash shield is needed about twice a year. Sorry if you live in the other 49 states. Also, I don't have dyno numbers, or fuel economy. or what ever else you can come up with, I'm only having fun, and at this point I'm grinning ear to ear. Jack

DSC03650.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info