What fuel pump for e85

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Walbaro 255 will be oook but you should go bigger. Im converting mine to e85 right now. Im going to go get a aeromotive stealth 340. Walbaro does make a 400 pump. And one that is 420 and fully e85 compatible. Yea you could always go dual 255s though too. What are you doing as far as fuel filter and lines?

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
Are you wanting to run internal or external with a sump?

If you go external with a sump get a magnafuel the cheaper one. I believe its the 4303 750 they rate it at 2k hp on gas. It's more than anything your 3800 will need but they are nice pumps and don't need a controller if you drive the car on the street like an aeromotive pump. They also are rated to run meth, alcohol, or gas or whatever you want to pump with it lol.

It's 400 ish bucks and rebuildable I believe. You prolly won't ever have to rebuild it tho unless you really drive the car a lot.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Walbaro 255 will be oook but you should go bigger. Im converting mine to e85 right now. Im going to go get a aeromotive stealth 340. Walbaro does make a 400 pump. And one that is 420 and fully e85 compatible. Yea you could always go dual 255s though too. What are you doing as far as fuel filter and lines?

yeah id stay away from the aromotive 340 thats what i had 700 miles on e85 and its cooked, i just was talking to a dude that had dual aromotive 340's and he said neither one made it to 1k miles on e85, I've been looking at the walbro 400 but i will need bigger than that I'm thinking, i think dual 255's will be good for a while i just wanted to hear people that had them last for a while before i spend the money

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Are you wanting to run internal or external with a sump?

If you go external with a sump get a magnafuel the cheaper one. I believe its the 4303 750 they rate it at 2k hp on gas. It's more than anything your 3800 will need but they are nice pumps and don't need a controller if you drive the car on the street like an aeromotive pump. They also are rated to run meth, alcohol, or gas or whatever you want to pump with it lol.

It's 400 ish bucks and rebuildable I believe. You prolly won't ever have to rebuild it tho unless you really drive the car a lot.

I've also been thinking about doing a fuel cell and going with a big pump but i didn't want to spend that money this year, I'm probably going to try dual walbro 255's and see how that works for the rest of this year, i just don't want to end up stranded on the side of the road again

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
i had a dying zzphigh flow in tank, and a walbro 255 inline. was a DD that i didn't baby at all. i don't know how many miles i had on it, but quite a few with never any issues. people said it was ghetto as hell and said it wouldn't work...BUT...it worked flawlessly.

so i had half dead in-tank pump, fuel filter, fuel filter (to act as a "swirl pot") then in-line walrbo. im going to run the same setup on the T/A when i install all my parts. (but not running E-85)

photo4-10.jpg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have heard a lot of issues with fuel pumps. I know you are making a lot more power then most, but the walbro has not failed on me yet. The current one I am using is a standard walbro 255 and I have run e-85 in it for YEARS without issues. I am only running 5 psi after my rebuild currently, but there are no fuel flow issues yet.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I had a Racetronix/Walbro pump with Racetronix rewire. But you are making considerable more power then me, so not sure.

Ive been looking at those also the purplator guy or whatever his name is on club gp sent me pictures of his pump set up and he runs two of the ractronix pumps with e85, thats the way i think I'm going to go

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I have heard a lot of issues with fuel pumps. I know you are making a lot more power then most, but the walbro has not failed on me yet. The current one I am using is a standard walbro 255 and I have run e-85 in it for YEARS without issues. I am only running 5 psi after my rebuild currently, but there are no fuel flow issues yet.

if your fuel system is return style you probably won't out flow it until your in the mid 400whp range, phatride ran one ractronix pump and it worked fine for him but my car is return less

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I don't think the 400 is much more than the aromotive, but everybody kept telling me not to get one and I kept saying aromotive is a good pump but now I feel like the stealth pump isn't the same quality as there big pumps, I'm going with twin 255 walbros I do believe I'll see how that goes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info