08 jeep grand cherokee help

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
I just ordered parts for an 08 jeep grand cherokee for a friend. she bought the jeep from Zeigler Jeep in Downers Grove and it showed a clean carfax. but a few days later i seen the jeep, showed her it was in an accident. at that time i noticed whoever fixed that damage didnt put the bumper cover support bracket on or the bumper mounting bracket on. so the bumper sags really bad, the headlights are loose, and the grill flaps up and down as she drives. the dealer washed there hands of it, saying it was as is, blah blah blah. so i ordered the parts missing, but they dont come with the bolts and such to mount it. i called the dealer and they wont help me. so my question is does anyone know where i can find the right type and size bolts to put the front end back together? i know there are some body shop guys here, can someone help me out? its much appreciated.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I'm not real familiar with the body styles on the new jeeps, but I'm sure you could find one from the beginning of that style in a yard, unless 08 is that year.

I believe if you can prove it was in an accident and they messed up the carfax you get some money. Don't know what's involved though. It could have been in an accident and never reported though. Look at this:

CARFAX agrees to pay to the holder of a CARFAX® Vehicle History Report (the "Report") making a Claim (the "Claimant") the Claimant's purchase price of the vehicle to which the Report relates (the "Vehicle") up to 10% over the Kelley Blue Book value (see terms 8 and 9 for details) if the Report states that the Vehicle has a title history with no Branded Titles showing, but a Branded Title actually exists.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I'm not real familiar with the body styles on the new jeeps, but I'm sure you could find one from the beginning of that style in a yard, unless 08 is that year.

I believe if you can prove it was in an accident and they messed up the carfax you get some money. Don't know what's involved though. It could have been in an accident and never reported though. Look at this:

CARFAX agrees to pay to the holder of a CARFAX® Vehicle History Report (the "Report") making a Claim (the "Claimant") the Claimant's purchase price of the vehicle to which the Report relates (the "Vehicle") up to 10% over the Kelley Blue Book value (see terms 8 and 9 for details) if the Report states that the Vehicle has a title history with no Branded Titles showing, but a Branded Title actually exists.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny

according to the site i bought the parts from there is a difference in years. thanks for that carfax info!! the dealer like i said washed there hands of it. and when she contacted a lawyer they said basically the same thing, it was bought as is. i know a place i can but automotive bolts and such, but the sizes i have no idea about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• GLIKENNY
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list