M/T Street Comp Tire

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

I need new rear tires in a bad bad bad way. I currently run Nitto 555R Dr's (275/40/17). Has anyone heard of these new tires from M/T. I guess they just released them about a month ago. I know they are not a true DR but the little that I could find, everyone is saying they are all around amazing.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
so these would only be mounted in the rear ? what's the pricing like ?

For now yeah. Eventually I could use a set for the front and be good from the strip and road course if I really wanted to. I have a pretty good deal on them but retail is still only around $160 depending on size.
I decided to stay away from the DR's because they just don't last very long and I'm no baller to buy new tires every year. Plus I don't go to the track all that often, maybe 1 or 2 times a year if I'm lucky.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
For now yeah. Eventually I could use a set for the front and be good from the strip and road course if I really wanted to. I have a pretty good deal on them but retail is still only around $160 depending on size.
I decided to stay away from the DR's because they just don't last very long and I'm no baller to buy new tires every year. Plus I don't go to the track all that often, maybe 1 or 2 times a year if I'm lucky.

how many miles do you put on the GTO ? what psi do run them on the street ?

i've heard Nittos last as much as 10-14k miles on the street. I have only put about 600 miles on my car since last october ( i know, its sad )

i run them at about 21.5 to help create even wear.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I worked at a tire shop back in 03/04, I use to get tires on the cheap so I would just tear through them. Luckily my brother-in-law is still in the tire business (Discount tire). I needed tires for the truck and his shop was sitting on 4 305/40/22's for awhile, I snagged them for $330 out the door.

These M/T's look awesome, to bad they don't come in a few sizes bigger in 20". I'm thinking of dropping the heavy 22's next summer.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
how many miles do you put on the GTO ? what psi do run them on the street ?

i've heard Nittos last as much as 10-14k miles on the street. I have only put about 600 miles on my car since last october ( i know, its sad )

i run them at about 21.5 to help create even wear.

I put on more then I want to right now. This year I'm around 2K, maybe a little more. My first set lasted me around 6-7k miles while these are nearing 5K. I keep them around 30psi to help with even wear. My bigger problem was with my old stock springs the car squatted bad with more over the passenger tire. I've since fixed that. My driver side tires is in good shape while my passenger side is a slick now. I'm just wanting a better all around tire now vs a DR.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I put on more then I want to right now. This year I'm around 2K, maybe a little more. My first set lasted me around 6-7k miles while these are nearing 5K. I keep them around 30psi to help with even wear. My bigger problem was with my old stock springs the car squatted bad with more over the passenger tire. I've since fixed that. My driver side tires is in good shape while my passenger side is a slick now. I'm just wanting a better all around tire now vs a DR.

understandable. my right side was lower than the left last year....thankfully i found a guy selling 1 used Nitto tire.

eh, i hate piecing shit together, but the budget dictates it sometimes.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
So these tires have been on since Friday. So far they are great. I feel like they hook better then my Nitto's did (street wise) and ride really well. I'm still not sure what would/will happen at the track being a non true DR.
Size wise they are the same at my 555's but visually are about an 1" wider. I was at bit nervous when we were lowering the car down since GTO's aren't known to be able to have wide ass tires without moding the ass end. They cleared just fine and really fill out the back of the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info