What Would Be The Ultimate Parts Bin Special?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Jalopnik - QOTD

Car companies are massive organizations, often with factory racing programs, lightweight small cars, and gigantic warehouses full of parts. What if all of these came together?

Well, we know that if Aston Martin knew what was good for them, they'd stuff one of their V8s into the back of a Cygnet and make just about the coolest terrible car ever made. Hey, it could happen.

What amazing and as-yet-nonexistent parts bin special can you dream up?

Thought this was a cool discussion topic, and stress, as-yet-nonexistent, so now SHOgun's or SHO Rangers.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I'll start.

Mustang + 4 cylinder Ecoboost = modern SVO

Less powerful than the GT, but with BOSS suspension and brakes, Ford engineers concentrating on weight distribution and balance. Keeps with the original design and thought of the original SVO. Added points for an IRS.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
GT-500 drivetrain into the F-150 and call it a "LIGHTNING"!

Other than that I think Nissan gave us all surprise buttsexx with the SuperJuke!

670x377Image.jpg

...and then of course VW dropped a W12 off from a 5 story building into a Golf and made this:

golf_w12_6642.jpg

Perhaps Fiat can take the upcoming Dart SRT motor and wedge it into the 500 and make a Super Abarth or something.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I really like these ideas. I know GM Performance team kind of did this a little while back. They dropped a 427 in a Colorado :wackit:

That would be amazing :pedobear:

So sticking with the Hi-Po truck ideas... why not put the ecotec turbo motor in the colorado and make it a manual. So then you could have the full size hi-po truck and then a junior sized hi-po truck?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Ranger + Coyote 5.0 = So much mini Lightning win.

Take a regular cab, splash or regular bed (personally I would say splash just to stay with the lightning originality, I know I know it's basically Das' project ranger) 3.55 trac-loc rear, some GT500 wheels, and Mustang suspension bits. Would be awesome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info