need opinions on wheels for impreza

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
the girl just picked up an 09 impreza. obviously all stock but it has the steelie wheels and hub caps! she wants to get some black wheels for it, but i think a dark grey or gunmetal would be sweet. also, whats a good, cheap, catback for a mom to have? haha she wants it to sound good. just ganna tint the windows, wheels, exhaust and a cold air and call it good.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I think the intakes were mainly bad news for the turbo cars, at least that was the case when I had my WRX.

Do you want to stay with a 16" wheel so you can use the factory tires? You can browse the Subaru forums (North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club and ClubWRX.net: Subaru Impreza WRX and WRX STI Online Community and Forums) for classifieds and maybe pickup a set of wheels and rims in 17" that would look better on that car. Also, what color is the car? Bronze can look pretty good on most Subarus...

For the exhaust, put in "Subaru 2.5i exhaust" on youtube and check out the examples to see what sounds best to you. An inexpensive muffler/axleback should be sufficient to get some nice boxer rumble. :)

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Any 5x100 +48 offset wheel will fit. Stock wrx wheels seem to go for pretty cheap if you like those. Otherwise there's a Midwest classified section on nasioc and there are always wheels on there.

As for exhaust and intake. I would skip the intake. First, it'll probably run like crap, second it probably won't gain any power at all.
Exhaust wise it's just going to be a sound thing. I believe any exhaust for a wrx sedan will fit since they were single exit exhaust. Most will be loud.

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
damn i like two of those. forums need a way to get ahold of people without being a member... or people should post thier e-mail for reasons like this.

its 5x100 for sure? i see a lot of 5x114. and if i get a higher offset (50 instead of 48) they will stick out more right? but only a few MM?

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
ok cool. good to know.

i was trying to get her to stay away from black (because black wheels just kinda fade away when you look at the car, just look like black holes) and get her gunmetal or something... BUT.... she is now stuck on a hot pink wheel hahaha. so w/e i get its probably going to get painted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info