insurance question

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
i was backing out of my garage today and paying attention to his gay little 5lb dog. well while paying attention to hit, to ensure i wouldn't run it over, i backed into his car. did a decent amount of damage to his car, and "minimal" amount of damage to my car.

so a 2 part question...what kind of quote do you think id be looking at to fix mine?

and does an insurance company write me a check directly (to where i could just pocket the money and not fix it) or do they write it to the body shop?

IMG_4942.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I normally only go to one shop the one i know is the most expensive but does the best work, my insurance company already knows i will only go to this shop so they don't argue with me anymore, but the first time i left the car at the body shop and let the shop argue with the insurance company until they got what they wanted, i would just have it fixed and have the body shop fix a little extra to "blend" the color but i hate driving around a car with a dent in it

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
So you want your insurance to pay you a few grand to fix your car? Is that going to hurt your policy in the long run? How much is his car costing?

it will probably up my rate, yes, i think, as i said, this is my first ever claim. but we have been looking to switch companies anyway.

we got a quote for his car at $2,300.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
it will probably up my rate, yes, i think, as i said, this is my first ever claim. but we have been looking to switch companies anyway.

we got a quote for his car at $2,300.

If your at fault it will prolly up your rate quite a bit, I smashed up my 06 Evo when I was 21 and my insurance went up 100 bucks a month I sold that car right after I got the first upped insurance bill

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Soo looks like you have a nice start on your turbo kit! do it

lol...dont tempt me. with a nice check from them (have to split in half with the wife :rollpicard:) and me selling the N02 i could pick up a turbo kit...but ive had a turbo car before, never have i had a heads/cam/nitrous car. so i will use the check to buy a set of heads, and ill keep the NO2 kit. possibly some new wheels also.

here is a pic of his car:

photo-56.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info