fresh crappy paintjob, what to do prep/protection wise

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ive been helping eric get the whippled riv going again (actually drove it around!:jg:)

the new crappy macco two stage black paint is fully cured (it sat in his garage for 2-3months after) what sorta prep/stuff should he use to keep it looking good from 10feet away?
i figured he'd clean it good, clay bar, polish then wax?
as you well know i dont give a fuck, so you can easily ASSume i know nothing of the sort.
im guessing eric is prob worse than me since before the wreck the riv looked like someone rinsed it with sand and dried it off with beach towels

i told him if he painted it he would become an anal son of a bitch and i was right...now he's worried about rocks the 295's would kick up onto his sides...keep in mind these 295's spread burnout rubber all the way down the bottom of the doors and onto the rear quarter panel :rofl:
i dont know why he cares...its back to being one color...even if you can see all the shitty bodywork/flats/shitty masking/etc.
and now he wants to protect his awesome paint :hsughlol:

so he washed the dust off, tons of paint lines, they missed bare metal under the hood, etc he's probably gonna bitch at em. this wasnt just a earl sheib job either he paid for the whole shebang including some warranty that i presume he's gonna bitch about.

a little backstory/current fun...
somehow the fuel tank from his fiero fell from his rafters and put a nice new dent in his pass door with 2 chips so here's hoping he finds a pdr guy so he only has to deal with the two small chips.
i think this may have helped compel him to get off his ass and finish the car. i wish something would fall from my rafters onto the wagon but i guess im too good at cramming things into my garage...

fucker runs good though time to finish the tuning...maybe get him to come to lukes:jg:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Turbocharged400sbc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list