Car Help

Camaro

Regular
Jan 10, 2012
Chicago
I just got a daily driver. But last week while i was driving, I tried to accelerate and it would not go pas 25 or 30 mph The engine would rev high to 4000 - 5000 RPM.

Like the transmission wouldn't want to change gear? It did it 3 times Then it stop, And today it did it again But then stop and ran normal?

What the heck is it? No check engine light, Oils are all good, Air filter is clean.

Any help?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Because not all problems are going to happen all the time... maybe its only when its cold/hot, maybe the fluid needed to circulate.. :dunno: try to replicate the issue.

I have weird issues with my Saturn that come and go. Sometimes the chime will beep like there's a key in the ignition when there is none.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
I'd say drop the pan and fluid/filter change, if that doesn't do it, maintenance done that's probably long overdue. Check all the harnesses down there for any obvious damage, maybe a weak wire? Like Wolfe said, check Maxima forums...

Not really related, but you'll probably run into it... Unplug the motor mounts while you can. If you are lucky, they are making noises every couple of seconds, but apparently when they go out, they short the PCM rendering the car useless until you get a new one. Guy at work has the same car, his was making the noise, apparently a common problem on those cars with the motor mounts. 2 harnesses, brown plug, one by the radiator where the thermostat hose goes to the radiator, and one between the head and intake a little further back from the first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info